Uber Nerd

Fantastic Four 2

Post by shiram »

This movie has an awesome trailer and teaser
i was sitting waiting for spidey 3, and it really seemed cool
but i cant help feeling all the cool stuff has already been showed
the movie already reeks of many faults

product placement, there's a dodge insignia on the fantasticar
pg rating, well it is a familly movie, but i guess that in being so, it doesnt fulfill the wants of a 25 year old guy
jessica alb wears a wig
its a sequel to a bad first movie

and yet i'll probly end up paying 10bucks to see it.... anyone else?
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Bane
Uber Nerd

Post by Bane »

Nope. I'm not a fan of all these marvel movies who seem to be so popular by everyon else.. The x-men and spiderman movies are.. decent. The rest is crap, IMO.

The first movie weren't good, Alba is a peach as always I reckon, but it's not enough to make me wanna pay ~10 bucks to see it, heh..
Drunkenmaster wrote:i am teh drun kand tbe drun,. wtf+ .... P?
<5Nme dream i can see tou I tell you how I fell???

Styrofoam
Nerd

Post by Styrofoam »

silver surfer is just simply a badass though... i almost have to watch it just for him.
im so disciplined i fold my pocket kings 1 out of every 3 times i get them

Genie
Jedi

Post by Genie »

TBH: The only marvel movie to flop at all (in other words, the only movie to be utter crap) was Hulk. All the other movies, inspite of some of the very off-the-wall changes or peculiar plot points; the other marvel made movie films have been above standard.

X-men 1 and Spidey 1 were both box office spectacular with their sequels hitting some cheddar home. Whereas the volume 3 of each series really didnt catch the formula of their previous ocunterparts, Spidey 3 and X-men 3 were both box office hits; each had its own unique feel to it. Daredevil was pretty well done in by most marvel fanboys for a few reasons, but inspite that; the story was overall a decent feel for a marvel film. The Electra film was also -not-to-bad- n its story and what not. The first Fantastic Four movie was in my opinion the first of a great line of marvel-made movies, and quite frankly I am definately looking forward to getting tix for Silver Surfer.

I think yes we have seen quite a bit of the flashy stuff; but from some of the quick print trailer stuff ive seen; it seems likely that there will be a galactus. THAT will make this film incredible.
The fleecy cloud may kiss the sky...the rose may kiss the butterfly...the morning dew may kiss the grass...and you, my friend, can kiss my ass!

Mikeyrat
Jedi

Post by Mikeyrat »

Shir, I took kiddo to see Shrek last weekend, and during the ads that now run before the previews, Dodge had an ad for the Fantasticar, as if it were a real product... the actual Fantastic 4 preview ran some minutes later. So, here we have an advertisement promoting product placement.
Old Man.

shiram
Uber Nerd

Post by shiram »

punisher, blade 3, catwoman, superman returns, x-men 3, spidey 2 have all disapointed me in some ways or other
and i know i named some dc in there, but what the heck?

punisher lacked substance
blade 3 was a cheesy flashy bore fest
catwoman, words cant express...
superman returns ... BORING!!!
x-men 3, half assed story
spidey 2, doc ock was weak, and it just didnt hold my attention
but yea they usually are financially successful

Styrofoam
Nerd

Post by Styrofoam »

shiram wrote:punisher, blade 3, catwoman, superman returns, x-men 3, spidey 2 have all disapointed me in some ways or other

Here is my list of shitty movies based on comic books..

Elektra, Catwoman, punisher, blade3, daredevil.

those were the ones I thought just plain sucked... if you want to get into disappointing... the only ones that HAVEN'T disappointed are: all three spidermans, X-men, Batman Begins. thats it.

flint
Jedi

Post by flint »

theres not a soul on the planet disappointed by TMNT I or II
if youre gonna be dumb you gotta be tough
shiram wrote:heh seeing as how the only other members we've seen in bathing suit are, iirc, Lisa, and mac...

so yea

Genie
Jedi

Post by Genie »

shiram wrote:punisher, blade 3, catwoman, superman returns, x-men 3, spidey 2 have all disapointed me in some ways or other

I can agree with all of your chouces but Spider-man 2
That was the best movie by far out of every single marvel movie to date.
The fleecy cloud may kiss the sky...the rose may kiss the butterfly...the morning dew may kiss the grass...and you, my friend, can kiss my ass!

Styrofoam
Nerd

Post by Styrofoam »

bah, i forgot the turtles were comic books. Yeah, those kicked ass.

ThePluq
ultranoob

Post by ThePluq »

Doesnt look great, but the first one wasnt either, granted ill probably be there to see it just cause i like to go to the movies w/ friends.

Honestly though a lot of the "superhero" movies have disapointed me. Spiderman 1-2 i couldnt stand, 3 was actually ok i thought. Hulk...wtf? Superman Returns probably hits the bottom of the list, I just couldnt understand, even back with the comic books, how NOBODY could recognize him even though the only difference is slicked back hair. Blade 3, saw it when i was hammered and loved it, saw it again not so good. Catwoman, only redeeming factor was halle barry in tight leather. X-Men3, halfway decent.

But my worst experience with movies would have to be harry potter, im not ashamed that im an avid reader of the books but the movies are just terribly inacurate. Book 3 illustrated this heavily totally compacting probably in my opinion one of the most important parts of the series(in the shrieking shack) into like a 3minute span, yes i know its a movie but damn. The dementors flying, the patronus everything. And I'm afraid the 5th movie will be even more disapointing because imho probably 75% of the book is stuff that needs to be put in the movie but I know it wont be because of time restraints/theatrics. The first 2 movies although they had discrepencys were fairly good though i thought.

RoamingMadness
Uber Nerd

Post by RoamingMadness »

My list of order for comics to movies.. as i thought of them.

In my mind only three comic book movies are great, stand the test of time movies.

Batman 1
Batman Begins
Spiderman 1
Blade 1

In the 'good' range. Id list..

The first xmen movie and maybe blade 2, although the story didnt make a damn bit of sense.

Everything else ive seen has been decent at best, with crap being par. Superman returns was so boring i didnt watch the whole thing. Spiderman 2 was so bad i havent gone and seen the third one yet, and i have free movie passes.

Xmen 2 was okay. But again, i havent seen the third one.

The hulk, punisher, catwoman and fantasic four looked so bad i havent seen them yet, and have no plans to.

Bluntman and Chronic for life.
You may say that I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one

There probably isn't any meaning in life. Perhaps you can find something interesting to do while you are alive. Like how you found that flower. Like how I found you.

Buttons aren't toys.

Koric
Cannon Fodder

Post by Koric »

Personally I'm looking forward to seeing Heath Ledger as the Joker more than anything. Nolan has yet to fail to impress me with any of his movies.
End

shiram
Uber Nerd

Post by shiram »

i really dont see why anyone is so enthused about the spiderman movies, any of them really
they all seems so bland and uninteresting
tobey does a great job, granted
but kirsten dunst is horrible, and her maryjane is such a bad person in the movies

batman 1 was fine, but i'd cast it totally differently, except maybe for Kim Basinger, as her role is pretty much the standard damsel in distress
Jack Nicholson does great acting, and does an interesting take on the joker, but it seems more like an interpretation than a rendition

same thing with Michael Keaton, who just doesnt fit the bill
luckily both are great actors and pull it off, in the end it just gives a different "batman" vibe
i think i preferred the second batman movie actually

Genie
Jedi

Post by Genie »

Everyone has different takes on which movies they like and which they dislike; thats what gives us all personality. That being said; yer opinion of the Spider-man movies is strictly that, yer own opinion. Thats why ytou dont understand why people liked them whereas you didnt.

Personally, the first two spidey flicks rank up on my top movies of all time list.

shiram
Uber Nerd

Post by shiram »

yes obviously Genie, and i dont mean to rat on you fro liking them
i guess i was mostly wondering what you all found so great all about them

Genie
Jedi

Post by Genie »

To be quite honest; bringing one of my favorite comic book characters to life.
Simplicity brings entertainment imo

Genie
Jedi

Post by Genie »

Well, I went and saw it, and I liked it. There were a few things I didnt like about it, but it was a dcent movie.

shiram
Uber Nerd

Post by shiram »

jessica alba has a wig, ugly contact lenses and cannot act convincingly
mr. Fantastic had some horrible cgi for his stretching, especially early in the movie
product placement, with the dodge fantasticar, but it seems self-satirzing with the suit johnny blaze brings wich is full of endorsement patch
no devellopement on the silver surfer, and he rusts??

theres other stuff, but i'll stop to spare spoilers
it wasnt all too bad, i'd say a tiny bit better than the first one actually
its just far from great