Anything new on the horizon?

From the Orange Box to Minesweeper

Moderator: Crow

PeteyBoy23
Cannon Fodder

Anything new on the horizon?

Post by PeteyBoy23 »

I love WoW, but could use just a little break here and there. I am in a small-medium sized guild, and some nights here and there I'll opt to step out of a raid so more people can rotate in etc. or whatever the circumstances are. During that time I've been reading books, but I still feel like playing something...

You guys all know I loved D2, so is there anything new on the horizon that's similar that anyone would highly recommend getting? I am tempted to reinstall D2 just to putz around or even to spam "Time to die"... "Die!".

Also, any MMOs coming out soon that you guys think might be worth considering? I signed up for the Warhammer beta, but other than that I haven't seen anything decent.

Thanks fellas :)

shiram
Uber Nerd

Post by shiram »

The age of Conan thing
i applied for the beta, but no luck
its looking pretty slick, and different than Wow and the likes

i hear Titan Quest is kinda similar to D2 also, havent played it though
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Mikeyrat
Jedi

Post by Mikeyrat »

Kiddo and the wife seem to like Titan Quest a lot. It looks like a good way to spend some time running around breaking things and picking up shiny bits. From the looks of it, it works EXACTLY like D2, but is lots purdier.
Old Man.

PeteyBoy23
Cannon Fodder

Post by PeteyBoy23 »

Hmmm I may have to check it out... Thanks fellas :)

Looks like I need the original and the expansion?

Koric
Cannon Fodder

Post by Koric »

I'm probably gonna check out Warhammer Online.
End

PeteyBoy23
Cannon Fodder

Post by PeteyBoy23 »

Me too, if I can get in the beta. I submitted my DirectX data, so we'll see what's up.

ThePluq
ultranoob

Post by ThePluq »

Warhammer looks pretty solid, i tried the beta to the LotR game, even bought the preorder online while i was downloading it, got into the beta and after about 10min went back and canceled the order.

Maybe im just spoiled by the fluidity of WoW but the interface graphics and everything really just didnt please me. Granted, that was only 10 min. but in the past, with D2, SWG, WoW and almost every other game Ive played its usually those 10min that make or break the game for me.

Crow
Jedi

Post by Crow »

ThePluq wrote:Warhammer looks pretty solid, i tried the beta to the LotR game, even bought the preorder online while i was downloading it, got into the beta and after about 10min went back and canceled the order.

Maybe im just spoiled by the fluidity of WoW but the interface graphics and everything really just didnt please me. Granted, that was only 10 min. but in the past, with D2, SWG, WoW and almost every other game Ive played its usually those 10min that make or break the game for me.
Thats pretty much the feeling from anyone who got the beta or LOTR. A guy I work with never openned his copy when it arrived due to the game sucking so bad.

StormCrow
Jedi

Post by StormCrow »

Age of Conan is the only mmo on the horizon that interests me, i only hope that they put as much effort into it as Blizzard did with world of warcraft.

Wow had its problems, but its hard not to realize why it is the best MMO out there.

PeteyBoy23
Cannon Fodder

Post by PeteyBoy23 »

When's Conan's beta supposed to be released? That'd be phat if we all got in! :)

StormCrow
Jedi

Post by StormCrow »

Hellgate London looks pretty damn awesome as well. its like Diablo3 but made by a different company (most of the Diablo2 team including bill roper worked on it and such)

Genie
Jedi

Post by Genie »

Conan can suck my black, sweaty, hairy balls I covered over with a stick of swiss cheese for all that game appeals to me.
The fleecy cloud may kiss the sky...the rose may kiss the butterfly...the morning dew may kiss the grass...and you, my friend, can kiss my ass!

ThePluq
ultranoob

Post by ThePluq »

Im still finding it rediculously difficult to find a better game than halo2(the only game i actually have for xbox), and if i can raise some money before halo3 comes out ill buy the 360 for that sole purpose. Wow is fun but its too time dependant, like any MMO out there unfortunately. Though that isnt likely to change anytime soon.
I blamed god, I hated him for ruining my life, but then I realized something, you cannot be angry with god and not believe in him at the same time. Nobody can.

Koric
Cannon Fodder

Post by Koric »

Pick up Ninja Gaiden if you're looking for a fucking sick xbox game. So good they made a PS3 port of it lmao.
End

PeteyBoy23
Cannon Fodder

Post by PeteyBoy23 »

ThePluq wrote:Im still finding it rediculously difficult to find a better game than halo2(the only game i actually have for xbox), and if i can raise some money before halo3 comes out ill buy the 360 for that sole purpose. Wow is fun but its too time dependant, like any MMO out there unfortunately. Though that isnt likely to change anytime soon.
CMN

RoamingMadness
Uber Nerd

Post by RoamingMadness »

http://www.playtr.com/index.html

I have a couple friends in the Beta who say this game is SWG meets WoW, with magic, guns, aliens and ass kicking.

Both say the game is already better and further along than SWG was when they quit the game (at revamp) and they quit WoW to play the beta.

Without a doubt, keep an eye on Tabula Rasa.
You may say that I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one

There probably isn't any meaning in life. Perhaps you can find something interesting to do while you are alive. Like how you found that flower. Like how I found you.

Buttons aren't toys.

Kadian
Jedi

Post by Kadian »

I don't think my processor meets the min specs.....oh well

shiram
Uber Nerd

Post by shiram »

ditto
thats quite steep
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Crow
Jedi

Post by Crow »

Not a big fan of NCsoft games in general, CoH/CoV was fun for the first two weeks then became a total bore.

PeteyBoy23
Cannon Fodder

Post by PeteyBoy23 »

Crow wrote:Not a big fan of NCsoft games in general, CoH/CoV was fun for the first two weeks then became a total bore.
Agreed! I hope they don't go the same way with this game, because with the hype just from you guys, I'd certainly give it a go.