Starcraft 2 Beta Rumors

From the Orange Box to Minesweeper

Moderator: Crow

shiram
Uber Nerd

Starcraft 2 Beta Rumors

Post by shiram »

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

RoamingMadness
Uber Nerd

Post by RoamingMadness »

I call bullshit.

And i will explain why.

1. As the article states, starcraft CLEARLY left itself explaining the 4th race (if there was going to be one) would be Protoss/Zerg.

2. Simply adding a new race, and a couple new units is a garbage concept and idea. Starcraft is a great game because of balance. No race was stronger than another race. Keeping that balance with a 4th race not only seems hard. It ruins the feel of your three choices. Do you want to swarm your opponents? Do you want to out maneuver them? Do you want to beat them with sheer strength?

3. The game sounds like an expansion. Not a new game. In fact, it sounds exactly like broodwars, with the addition of a new race. Well below blizzards standards for a new game.
You may say that I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one

There probably isn't any meaning in life. Perhaps you can find something interesting to do while you are alive. Like how you found that flower. Like how I found you.

Buttons aren't toys.

shiram
Uber Nerd

Post by shiram »

considering is translated from korean or whatever, i think it might just be hazy on those terms

im not as enthused about Starcraft as some here are, but still, a starcraft sequel would make sense...

Bane
Uber Nerd

Post by Bane »

shiram wrote:considering is translated from korean or whatever, i think it might just be hazy on those terms

im not as enthused about Starcraft as some here are, but still, a starcraft sequel would make sense...
Yes it would make sense, but not yet, and not as lame as this. When/if it comes it will be more changes than just an added unit or two and some kind of kerrigan offspring.. It was ages ago I played the campaign, but didn't kerrigan become zerg more than the zerg of hers became terran?

The creator race tho, that's a whole different story which I hope they somehow incorporate into the next game.. if it indeed will be a next game. I'm not holding my breath, but yes I would be very enthusiastic if it did!
Drunkenmaster wrote:i am teh drun kand tbe drun,. wtf+ .... P?
<5Nme dream i can see tou I tell you how I fell???

Genie
Jedi

Post by Genie »

World of Starcraft would be the nail in SOE's coffin imo
The fleecy cloud may kiss the sky...the rose may kiss the butterfly...the morning dew may kiss the grass...and you, my friend, can kiss my ass!

shiram
Uber Nerd

Post by shiram »

meh leave crappy mmo's to the franchise i didnt like from Blizzard...

Starcraft should remain an rts
well at least release SC 2 before going mmo

Crow
Jedi

Post by Crow »

SC MMO would be the death of blizzard. It would be a sub-par game with few classes that would be playable in any realistic sort of conversion. The main concern would be hey lets go kill a zergling or ten thousand of them... But these are a shade of red instead of green. Wash rinse repeat, same thing I hated about WoW it was like a bowl of lucky charms but with harpies instead of marshmallows.

SC: Ghost pretty much did that for the whole Starcraft run, not to mention there hasn't been a solid RTS in some time (the star wars one was good but not overly fun in the long run).
"I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to do so because some people out there in our nation don't have maps and I believe that our education like such as in South Africa and the Iraq and everywhere like such as and I believe that they should our education over here in the U.S. should help the U.S. or should help South Africa and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries so we will be able to build up our future for us."

Friends don't let friends educate their children in South Carolina

shiram
Uber Nerd

Post by shiram »

because sometimes, updates are good
http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3159248

RoamingMadness
Uber Nerd

Post by RoamingMadness »

o.0!!!!!
You may say that I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one

There probably isn't any meaning in life. Perhaps you can find something interesting to do while you are alive. Like how you found that flower. Like how I found you.

Buttons aren't toys.

shiram
Uber Nerd

Post by shiram »

im thinking it would make sense to have another blizzard mmo.
Why?
Simple, you could make a tied account thing, where people pay a fixed fee to play both blizzard mmo on their servers
it could be a bit higher than the individual monthly fee, but still more reasonable than paying for 2 mmo's from the same company

Mikeyrat
Jedi

Post by Mikeyrat »

Would make sense. And they already have all the network/server infrastructure in place, not to mention a client-side gaming engine, which has to be the most significant part of their investment. It wouldn't surprise me at all to see a SC MMORPG.
Old Man.