Shadowbane

From the Orange Box to Minesweeper

Moderator: Crow

Genie
Jedi

Shadowbane

Post by Genie »

Has anyone tried this or played it? Reading a liuttle bit about it makes me wanna try it and im downloading it now. Basically from reading its a MMO where the world is mostly player driven/owned. It looks like you can lay seige to other players cities and the like.
The best thing that drew me to this game was this bit of info.

http://chronicle.ubi.com/newspost.php?id=15088

ZoSo
Padawan

Post by ZoSo »

nothing wrong with a free MMO
Don't hate me because I'm pwn

Koric
Cannon Fodder

Post by Koric »

I played it for a while and it definitely had some potential back when it first came out but its really showing its age. I actually had 3 accounts where I used a healer+warrior+mage to level up myself because when you don't know anyone soloing on that game is pretty brutal especially when after like level 10 you're able to get ganked by just about anyone once you leave the safe cities. Plus there is a "track" skill which pretty much leads anyone with it right to you which makes griefers lives even easier. Another aspect I wasn't too fond of was that as you level up your pretty much forced to go to player controlled cities to train and you're really putting yourself at risk since you drop all your gold when you die and you can't train without gold. It just got to be a hassle to scope out the area with my gold in the vault before I went to train.

Another weird aspect of the game is you get like 2 slots for these "skill stones" which are a major part of how your character shapes up at higher levels because some are clearly better than others. Secondly you have to either pay a ridiculous amount of gold for these from other players or take the hike to look for whoever drops it.

Personally I sort of liked the mechanics of the game but playing it alone was pretty fun but it was a real hassle with a lot of alt tabbing. You need a lot of patients to play imo.
End