I hate stupid rules!

Good friends. Good times. Open bar.

Moderators: Bane, shiram

Mikeyrat
Jedi

I hate stupid rules!

Post by Mikeyrat »

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20060125/D8FBKS1O0.html

I might have been inclined to wear a kilt, too. Idiocy.
Old Man.

flint
Jedi

Post by flint »

Is that just a public high school? What a bunch of shit.
if youre gonna be dumb you gotta be tough
shiram wrote:heh seeing as how the only other members we've seen in bathing suit are, iirc, Lisa, and mac...

so yea

shortthang
Babajong

Post by shortthang »

thats messed up.....we had all sorts of dress codes in high school....but hardly anyone followed them or got sent home when they got caught violating them.....

as long as nothing was hanging out, we could wear pretty much anything....oh, no underwear could show...but that was never really enforced

Bane
Uber Nerd

Post by Bane »

Hate dress-codes. Thank god i live in a country who doesn't have shit like that.
Drunkenmaster wrote:i am teh drun kand tbe drun,. wtf+ .... P?
<5Nme dream i can see tou I tell you how I fell???

hf
Cannon Fodder

Post by hf »

Dress code is nothing. After my first year at senior high we had uniforms.

StormCrow
Jedi

Post by StormCrow »

heh i know multiple people who wore dresses to school here in tennesee and they were never sent home and nobody cared

RoamingMadness
Uber Nerd

Post by RoamingMadness »

When i was in highschool, only the girls had dress code rules. But the year after me, they began enforcing a solid dress code. You could only wear certain colors (kaki pants or skirts, white, green, and grey polo type shirts), and to my knowledge you aren't allowed to wear shorts at all.

It's really bullshit imo. I understand some of the reasoning behind it, but i'd rather be allowed to wear whatever i wanted. Welcome to the real world.
You may say that I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one

There probably isn't any meaning in life. Perhaps you can find something interesting to do while you are alive. Like how you found that flower. Like how I found you.

Buttons aren't toys.

shiram
Uber Nerd

Post by shiram »

heh i had a dress code in high school
i'd get caught mot following every week
teenagers just like to defy authority, and in many ways forcing them to do stuff, just doesnt work
many memories of girls being sent back home, cause they we're dressed too sexy
that didnt make then change their attitude long

anyways, its a kind of dumb idea to star wearing a kilt, but hey, he seems to be getting some attention out of it
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

RoamingMadness
Uber Nerd

Post by RoamingMadness »

A lot of kids (myself included) would abuse the shit out of stupid rules just to make the point. My personal favorite rule bending involved the fact that any jacket or outer layer of clothing didn't have to follow any guideline of rules, because parents complained about having to buy winter coats in school colors. If you combined this with another piece of clothing that was not suitable to wear, like say a "fuck the world" t-shirt. They wouldn't actually send you home, because so long as you didn't take the jacket off it wasn't in violation of any school rules. And they couldn't ask you to remove clothing to violate a school rule.
You may say that I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one

There probably isn't any meaning in life. Perhaps you can find something interesting to do while you are alive. Like how you found that flower. Like how I found you.

Buttons aren't toys.

Darius
Padawan

Post by Darius »

No dress codes for me. Just at primary school the clothes weren't supposed to be too flashy. My high school was the greatest school I've ever seen. It was not a den of demoralized morons but I could wear pretty much everything, including my sometimes offensive death/black metal shirts. In Austria, it was kinda nazi. They wanted me to behave according to their rules but I was... above that. Soon they learned I couldn't be tamed ;)
w w w . t h e w i t c h e r . c o m

Bane
Uber Nerd

Post by Bane »

Darius wrote:In Austria, it was kinda nazi. They wanted me to behave according to their rules but I was... above that. Soon they learned I couldn't be tamed ;)
You beat the crap out them all?
Drunkenmaster wrote:i am teh drun kand tbe drun,. wtf+ .... P?
<5Nme dream i can see tou I tell you how I fell???

Darius
Padawan

Post by Darius »

No, I turned some of them to the dark side.

Seriously, I think I've managed to open their minds a bit. Made them think for themselves. Made them say things they wouldn't dare to say otherwise. You know, this sort of shit. "Bad influence", as my teacher said. Heh.
w w w . t h e w i t c h e r . c o m

Dx2x
ultranoob

Post by Dx2x »

My brother had to turn his shirt inside out the other day, and received a 20 minute detention for wearing "inappropriate clothing."

What did the shirt say? It said "You know what your problem is? You're stupid."

I think most 7th graders are able to understand that it's just meant to be taken in a joking manner, but apparently the teacher didn't think so. :roll:

Shaz
Babajong

Post by Shaz »

The dress code in the story is stupid, allowing skirts but not shorts,and the fact that the principal tried to tell him that he couldn't wear skirts anymore or face getting kicked out of school just goes to show how stupid you can be and still maintain a position of authority in the school system.

I don't have a big problem with dress codes and the like, since alot of kids are out of control and their parents are completely oblivious or simply apathetic. However, they should be standard dress codes across gender if it IS going to be enforced .... otherwise it is nothing but someone getting a chance to enforce their prejudices.
"Environmentalism as a metaphysical ideology and as a worldview has absolutely nothing to do with natural sciences or with the climate."

StormCrow
Jedi

Post by StormCrow »

winner, last post in all forums :D

shiram
Uber Nerd

Post by shiram »

seeing how last it lasted, was it really worth it?
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Crow
Jedi

Post by Crow »

Kilts are the devil.
"I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to do so because some people out there in our nation don't have maps and I believe that our education like such as in South Africa and the Iraq and everywhere like such as and I believe that they should our education over here in the U.S. should help the U.S. or should help South Africa and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries so we will be able to build up our future for us."

Friends don't let friends educate their children in South Carolina

StormCrow
Jedi

Post by StormCrow »

shiram wrote:seeing how last it lasted, was it really worth it?
your damn right.