Moderator: Crow

shiram
Uber Nerd

new blizzard game

Post by shiram »

rumour, but still...

http://news.portalit.net/fullnews_Blizz ... _2818.html
as much people on it as starcraft 2
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

PeteyBoy23
Cannon Fodder

Post by PeteyBoy23 »

D3 would be SO fucking HOT!

Bane
Uber Nerd

Post by Bane »

Dunno.. How would diabloII be transformed to the new age technology w/o becoming just another 3D mmorpg,and losing all charm and soul in the process? :-/
I'm afraid I will be dissapointed with the outcome of such an attempt, although I would ofc want them to try, heh..

The best thing, as said, would ofc be if they actually worked on a completely new game, a new 'universe', and not another sequel..
Drunkenmaster wrote:i am teh drun kand tbe drun,. wtf+ .... P?
<5Nme dream i can see tou I tell you how I fell???

RoamingMadness
Uber Nerd

Post by RoamingMadness »

mmos are cool.. but i still havent found one that has done it right yet

There is a lot of potential in a d3 mmo.. but i dont see how it'll be different than WoW.

Id much rather see a totally new game, new universe, new concept.
You may say that I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one

There probably isn't any meaning in life. Perhaps you can find something interesting to do while you are alive. Like how you found that flower. Like how I found you.

Buttons aren't toys.

Crow
Jedi

Post by Crow »

It'll be the same as EQ2, DAoC and WoW.

Only so much you can do with a fantasy environment and when you factor in there were only like 9 different non-boss models in the game for each act you get alot of made up crap.

shiram
Uber Nerd

Post by shiram »

for fuck's sake not another freaking mmo
those games are all suck...

RoamingMadness
Uber Nerd

Post by RoamingMadness »

shiram wrote:for fuck's sake not another freaking mmo
those games are all suck...
I hate to this. But /agree
But I'm not the only one

There probably isn't any meaning in life. Perhaps you can find something interesting to do while you are alive. Like how you found that flower. Like how I found you.

Buttons aren't toys.

shiram
Uber Nerd

Post by shiram »

mmo games can be fun
they can be great even, but usually they dont have any appeal to me, because im a way more casual gamer
i dont care about pvp, top gear and such crap, and those games are usually all about that
not to mention paying the monthly fee, thats just against my morals
especially since they release expansions, and you have to buy those then as well, even though your still paying each month
and then theres server lag, and congesting, server down, maintenance and updates and all that crap, wich takes away from your gaming experience

RoamingMadness
Uber Nerd

Post by RoamingMadness »

And im the exact opposite shir, and i still think the games blow.

SWG appealed to me, but was never out of beta.

I want an MMO that is as close to real life as possible, while still remaining fun. I want a cap that still allows you to do something.

Everyone says 'wow doesnt start until you hit 60'. Yet from what i saw, the entire game was based on getting to 60.. and then raiding over and over again for items.. or power leveling other people to do that.

The pvp was rather bland as well. I want a game that doesnt encourage (read: require) you to join the largest guild on a server to stay competitive.

One of the most appealing things about d2 was the public dueling rooms. Even with the hackers and spammers and bullshit. Most of my fondest memories were going in there with Crow and kicking everyone ass.

Now games are so concerned with balance and items, the only thing that matters is who raided with the biggest guild. If im joining an mmo its for community. Otherwise id play a single player RPG. And in my mind, joining the army isnt part of that.

Id love to see a game that was driven primarily without uber end game items. SWG did this the best imo.

There was still a great challenge to obtain something. But you weren't completely fucked if you didnt have it.
But I'm not the only one

Buttons aren't toys.

ThePluq
ultranoob

Post by ThePluq »

I like the concept of the MMO but I hate the execution of it. The feeling by the makers that the only way to make it appealing for people over a long period of time requires a time sink(grinding to a level, then grinding for gear etc).

Diablo 2 you had to get to 99 and then get items to gear up but it wasnt nearly as intense as something like WoW, which requires you to get 25 people now to go into an instance and hope you get a lucky drop for yourself. The SWG grind was terrible however, compared to WoW, grinding like a madman for 2 days just to get a box in jedi as apposed to grinding for 3 hours tops pre-60 in WoW for a level, after 60 5-8 hours.

Personally, I have been playing halo2 a lot more in my time than I have WoW, something about being able to play for 10 minutes or 10 hours and still know that the only determining factor is skill for the most part is highly appealing.

Diablo 3 was a very good idea before WoW, but as it is now I dont see Diablo3 being anything more than a WoW expansion, i think if theyre going to make a new game make it something new. They have dumped a lot of Diablo 2 features into WoW and I just dont see D3 as something I'll be eagerly awaiting. We'll see I guess, naming the group working on it team 3 kinda makes me think its diablo but blizz is fairly random on a lot of things.
I blamed god, I hated him for ruining my life, but then I realized something, you cannot be angry with god and not believe in him at the same time. Nobody can.

shiram
Uber Nerd

Post by shiram »

hack and slash, mouse destroyer!

RoamingMadness
Uber Nerd

Post by RoamingMadness »

If they make a d3, id expect it to follow the same style as d1 and d2, but honestly.. after the complete revamp of d2. I dont know id want to play a d3.

The coolest thing they could do, would be to make the game like d2, only expand rooms to require much larger and somehow unlaggable.

Imagine playing d2 with 20 people in a game. Against a super villian.. with better graphics.. oh wait. Thats WoW. And it sucked.

Blizzard needs a new concept from the ground up. I'm not even pleased with SC2 at the moment, as i feel like its being shoved more and more towards the WC3 style. I want my zerglings damnit. And i want them angry and swarming.
But I'm not the only one

Buttons aren't toys.

shiram
Uber Nerd

Post by shiram »

i dont see why sc2 couldnt be a totally cool sci-fi rts
and d3 shouldnt be like to WoW, its stupid and pointless

Crow
Jedi

Post by Crow »

ThePluq wrote:Diablo 2 you had to get to 99 and then get items to gear up but it wasnt nearly as intense as something like WoW, which requires you to get 25 people now to go into an instance and hope you get a lucky drop for yourself. The SWG grind was terrible however, compared to WoW, grinding like a madman for 2 days just to get a box in jedi as apposed to grinding for 3 hours tops pre-60 in WoW for a level, after 60 5-8 hours.
Comparing the thing that took the longest in SWG to say getting a level in WoW isn't fair. Jedi were on a xp curve that made them hard to grind. Any of the other professions took a hour to a few hours depending on the box you were grinding out, one buff session could get your fairly far if you stuck to grinding in SWG.

SWG had a far better crafting system back in the day and the threat of legendary or exceptional drops from the hardest mobs was something that kept you killing them. Currently its a joke, just like most MMO's that have "high end raid content".

Hylandor
Padawan

Post by Hylandor »

Just would like to point out that the WoW PvP system has been totally revamped. You don't need to be apart of a top notch guild to be competitive. Infact, most of the time the top season performers are by those who dont even raid.

Come out as a top season ranker and you move on to an international tournament.

Mikeyrat
Jedi

Post by Mikeyrat »

Roam, I just wanted to say that Blizz has tried to address many of the issues you site with WoW. All of what you say is true, pre-BC. Now, with the addition of "heroic" mode 5 man instances, reduction of raid sizes from 40 man to 10-25, and the fact that some of the best gear in the game can now be crafted, Blizz has made the big raiding guilds a thing of the past. Sure, there are those that concentrate on big 25 mans, but no longer do the top 10% hardcore players have exceptional gear. It levels out the pvp field, too. And, with the addition of arenas and formal arena teams and rankings, pvp has a purpose now, too. Also, if you like to do nothing but pvp, some excellent gear is available as pvp awards, so you don't lose out there either. As if all that wasn't enough, they added a ton of lvl-70 only pve content for people who don't like to instance, raid or pvp. They can do interesting solo repeatable quests in a number of areas, and again the faction rewards are on par with what you get from raids or pvp.
Old Man.

RoamingMadness
Uber Nerd

Post by RoamingMadness »

Perhaps you're right mikey. But it'll be a while before i have the time to sink into it.
But I'm not the only one

Buttons aren't toys.

flint
Jedi

Post by flint »

I'd like a game that plays like Jedi Knights // Fable for pc set in the D2 world with a D2-like item system minus uniques. Players would still create the servers like in D2 but up the maximum players per game to 32ish (I honestly think 16 is enough). Instead of a chatroom common area like bnet have a system in place like Guild Wars in order to find other players to start a game. MMORPGs are retarded IMO, even though there are 2000-odd players on the server you still only interact with 40 max at a time, and most of the time you are probably with a much smaller group of maybe 5-20 friends doing your own thing and not worrying about the rest of the server.

Anyone else with me on this?
if youre gonna be dumb you gotta be tough
shiram wrote:heh seeing as how the only other members we've seen in bathing suit are, iirc, Lisa, and mac...

so yea

shiram
Uber Nerd

Post by shiram »

i guess
but then it shouldnt be as easy to create a server, it incidently made "-run" games all too frequent
but yes limiting # of player to 16-32 is a good idea, i think

Darius
Padawan

Post by Darius »

D3 sounds interesting... even though I'm with Bane on this one - doubt it's really possible to create a game that "goes with the market" and has the old Diablo atmosphere at the same time. We'll see...

As for MMO's, I do play WoW quite a lot, but, while incredibly addictive, it's really a huge grind if you want to be among the best. Honor, arena points, money, professions - everything requires a more or less boring grinding. I'd prefer a REAL online RPG with more interesting quests and content. WoW is cool but it favors no-lifers, hardcore grinders and raiders. Quests "kill 15 mobs of type X and 10 of type Y, plus their boss" are really so uninspired that it's incredible how WoW still manages people to level up all the way to 70, and then plunge into endgame content.
w w w . t h e w i t c h e r . c o m