Moderators: Bane, shiram

Hylandor
Padawan

NO LAUGHING

Post by Hylandor »

Bane
Uber Nerd

Post by Bane »

Ten-ten-ten-ten-ten-ten-ten-ten-ten-ten.

Ten-ten-ten-ten-ten-ten-ten-ten-ten-ten-one.

:mrgreen::mrgreen:
Drunkenmaster wrote:i am teh drun kand tbe drun,. wtf+ .... P?
<5Nme dream i can see tou I tell you how I fell???

shortthang
Babajong

Post by shortthang »

Bane wrote:Ten-ten-ten-ten-ten-ten-ten-ten-ten-ten.

Ten-ten-ten-ten-ten-ten-ten-ten-ten-ten-one.

:mrgreen::mrgreen:
that was the best part, by far! the rest of the time i just felt kinda sorry for him :(

Mikeyrat
Jedi

Post by Mikeyrat »

Reminds me of this show:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0131676/

The comedians on this show were good for the era, IMO. Too bad I couldn't find any clips. The remake in 1979 on Comedy Central was better, but it had Howie Mandell and Gallager, etc. BTW, the maximum payoff in 1979 for not laughing was $400! Whooo!
Old Man.

RoboTurtle
Babajong

Post by RoboTurtle »

I've seen that show Mikey (Frank Zappa was the guest of honour for one episode, thus the Zappa fans have the footage).

The guys couldn't even get a smile out of Frank.

I'd heard of Gallagher through Bill Hicks (ridiculing him), he was on the show with Frank and his show actually entailed what Hicks had joked about (I thought he was kidding)- He just smashed up food.

Mikeyrat
Jedi

Post by Mikeyrat »

RoboTurtle wrote:I've seen that show Mikey (Frank Zappa was the guest of honour for one episode, thus the Zappa fans have the footage).

The guys couldn't even get a smile out of Frank.

I'd heard of Gallagher through Bill Hicks (ridiculing him), he was on the show with Frank and his show actually entailed what Hicks had joked about (I thought he was kidding)- He just smashed up food.
Well, the smashing of the food was usually Gallager's closer or even his encore. His forte was using a wild set of props, some his own making, some just HUGE versions of normal things. His humor was also pretty subtle sometimes, like a guy I remember named Steven Wright, who walked around just muttering stuff into the microphone... but his lines were good:

"If you had everything in the world, where would you put it?"

"I have a map of the United States... actual size."

"Every once in a while, I like to stick my head out the window, look up in the bright morning sky, and smile for a satellite picture..."
Old Man.

RoboTurtle
Babajong

Post by RoboTurtle »

Yeah I like Steven Wright, he was on the Larry Sanders show a fair bit. GallagHer (It's Irish ;)) I don't like.

blank
ultranoob

Post by blank »

One of my favorites from Steven Wright:

"When I got home and put the key into my front door, it started up."

"So I drove it down the street."

Or something like that, I loved his stuff. Off the wall to say the least.

And the Big G, yeah, as Mikey said, the fruit and veggie smashing was just fun stuff. A lot of his comedy is heavily laced with smart messages, similar to George Carlin. I'm not sure what the deal is with Bill Hicks, but the Big G is a good comic, imo.

blank/tibs out

Mikeyrat
Jedi

Post by Mikeyrat »

blank wrote:One of my favorites from Steven Wright:

"When I got home and put the key into my front door, it started up."

"So I drove it down the street."

Or something like that, I loved his stuff. Off the wall to say the least.

And the Big G, yeah, as Mikey said, the fruit and veggie smashing was just fun stuff. A lot of his comedy is heavily laced with smart messages, similar to George Carlin. I'm not sure what the deal is with Bill Hicks, but the Big G is a good comic, imo.

blank/tibs out
"When I got home I accidently put my car key in the door... when I turned it, it started up... so I drove it around for a while... I stopped in the middle of the freeway and yelled at people to get out of my driveway... a cop pulled me over and he said, "hey buster! where do you live?" I said, "right here."
Old Man.