Steelers v Seahawks SUPERBOWL XXXX!!!!

You can just make that out to cash.

Moderators: flint, Styrofoam

flint
Jedi

Post by flint »

A complete statistical analysis shows Pittsburgh winning 17-7. This statistical analysis was achieved by playing COM vs COM in Tecmo Super Bowl for the NES. Of course this was the 1990 Steelers and Seahawks but whos keepin track anyway.
if youre gonna be dumb you gotta be tough
shiram wrote:heh seeing as how the only other members we've seen in bathing suit are, iirc, Lisa, and mac...

so yea

StormCrow
Jedi

Post by StormCrow »

madden 2006 we played 25 games with the steelers taking it home 17 of those games.

we switched 6 different people in a rotation so i don't think it had to do with player skill :)

also my new revised bet is Steelers by 10 1/2 under

Genie
Jedi

Post by Genie »

For the record, its still Superbowl XL

Its like the Extra Large Super Bowl. I want my fries now :(

Genie
Jedi

Post by Genie »

That was NOT a touchdown...

Time Remaining: 1:55, 1st half.

flint
Jedi

Post by flint »

yea it was
shiram wrote:heh seeing as how the only other members we've seen in bathing suit are, iirc, Lisa, and mac...

so yea

Genie
Jedi

Post by Genie »

THis game is fucking retarded

flint
Jedi

Post by flint »

the calls seemd to be going Pittsburgh's way this evening

so yea

ZoSo
Padawan

Post by ZoSo »

muwahahahahaha, suck it ohio!
Don't hate me because I'm pwn

Genie
Jedi

Post by Genie »

That game was just retarded. Everytime something -right- would happen to Seattle, they'd get a flag of some sort. IMO that Roethlesberger touchdown run wasnt over the line. How bout that tackle Hasselbeck made from that interception, getting called for what was it? He s'posedly hit one of the defenders when he went for the guy with the ball, I dunno what the call was, but it was stupid.

I do haveta say I still wonder what on earth the Seahawks were doin at the end of each half. Wearing out the clock to the point ya couldnt do anything, thats a rookie mistake.

I am quick to point out that Seattle outplayed and outclassed the Steelers the first half leading up to 5min left, then it went downhill. Holding Pitts to 3 and out every possession for 17 minutes was a show of greatness, a true reason Seattle made it to the bowl, they just crapped out in the end.

Now I gotta buy my buddy Dave a 2 liter of Coke :(

flint
Jedi

Post by flint »

They called Hasselback for blocking too low... but he made the god damn tackle. You cant penalize the guy who makes the tackle just because his legs touched a blocker below the waist.

All in all I thought that was a pretty shitty game. IMO the Steelers obviously wanted to win more than the Seahawks (Ben putting his shoulder down and picking up the extra yards vs Hasselback sliding so he doesnt get hurt). The refs were pretty bad which helped the Steelers no doubt, but the refs didnt have anything to do with the 75 yard td run and the trick play with Antwaan.

so yea

Genie
Jedi

Post by Genie »

I think the Seahawks ran outta steam in the second half, but they really wanted it the first. I think all the bogus calls in the first half made em think that someone else wants the steelers to win. Hell, Pitt town didnt even bring their game til round 2 (second half)

hf
Cannon Fodder

Post by hf »

Damn, have the refs sucked in this year's playoffs. I thought the pass interference call on Darrell Jackson was a pretty weak call. He pushed off? He touched the guy and went in the other direction. That Roethlisberger touchdown wasn't a touchdown! Wtf was that? With those 2 calls, game could've been different.

flint
Jedi

Post by flint »

Theres no way either of you can tell me that you know for a fact that any portion of the ball did not break the very front of that white line in the end zone.

so yea

Mikeyrat
Jedi

Post by Mikeyrat »

True... In the end, the calls wouldn't have made that much difference. If they hadn't ruled TD, the ball would have been in the inch line, and they'd have shoved it in anyway.

I completely agree with the nub clock management. Man, was that some kind of lousy work or what. I haven't seen shit like that since high school. People want to blame Holmgren, but damn, the players need to be in the game and do what needs to be done, too. To me, it looked like the coach had such a dominating grip on everything, the players were afraid to do shit themselves.

And, besides his clock management, his play calling on the last drive was horrible. YOU DON'T THROW DOWN THE MIDDLE IN CLOCK MANAGEMENT SITUATIONS! To me, it looked like he just said "f-this, lets get it over with."
Old Man.

flint
Jedi

Post by flint »

I cant wait til next year... Broncos vs Redskins with Joe Gibbs nabbing his 4th

so yea

phreek
Cannon Fodder

Post by phreek »

StormCrow wrote:my bet is steelers by 10
nice guess

StormCrow
Jedi

Post by StormCrow »

for the win yo, i made some monies betting on the stealers :D