Time Line moving on 4 swg.

From the Orange Box to Minesweeper

Moderator: Crow

keim
ultranoob

Time Line moving on 4 swg.

Post by keim »

Read the damn forums TH confirmed we will see movement. Oh ya everyone is shouting hoth.

Styrofoam
Nerd

Post by Styrofoam »

oh emm gee. That is sweet. Too bad its too late.

Genie
Jedi

Post by Genie »

I swear, the only thing that sucks about this game now is the lack of vets giving anything new a try.

You guys are just a bunch of whiney cry-baby wussies "Oh noes! I am not teh leet jedi anymore! I spent 2 years working on getting a template noobs got with the click of a button!"

If you noobs were true die hards, youda stuck around regardless.

/edit

I for one look forward to anything new they add. regardless

The day they make me delete Grym is the day I stop playing.

Crow
Jedi

Post by Crow »

Oh come on foam, since the Battle of Hoth was approx 3 years after the Battle of Yavin they're right on track to having a frozen planet that no one gives a rats ass about, kinda like a wookie planet no one cares about. :lol:
"I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to do so because some people out there in our nation don't have maps and I believe that our education like such as in South Africa and the Iraq and everywhere like such as and I believe that they should our education over here in the U.S. should help the U.S. or should help South Africa and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries so we will be able to build up our future for us."

Friends don't let friends educate their children in South Carolina

RoamingMadness
Uber Nerd

Post by RoamingMadness »

Crow wrote:Oh come on foam, since the Battle of Hoth was approx 3 years after the Battle of Yavin they're right on track to having a frozen planet that no one gives a rats ass about, kinda like a wookie planet no one cares about. :lol:
Time and time again. Crowz0r makes the best comment.

Genie. I never had a jedi. And i quit, well due to time. But if they hadn't COMPLETELY REVAMPED THE GAME, id probably have came back.

I'll say it again. 33,000+ builds vs 9.

I'm not cheering for joy.
You may say that I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one

There probably isn't any meaning in life. Perhaps you can find something interesting to do while you are alive. Like how you found that flower. Like how I found you.

Buttons aren't toys.

Styrofoam
Nerd

Post by Styrofoam »

rofl

Genie, Jedi were not I win buttons from after the CU hit. and I didn't even play my jedi after the CU...i played A'cheater, who was a rifleman/Doc....far from an I win button (like medic is now btw)

What I do object to, Genie, was the way SOE changed the game not once, but TWO complete overhauls of hte combat system... Whats more, I object to the new combat system (nge), being largely a point and click game - ala Diablo2, and not an RPG in the turned based way like the old combat system (and even the CU), EQ, WOW, DAOC etc etc. I object to the fact that melee is far outclassed by any ranged profession due to the "must click to hit" function.

My biggest objection to the entire thing is the complete lack of faith i have in the DEV team, and the SOE staff, and Lucas Arts in general, ignoring the overwhelming negative feedback on the NGE, creating a completely (rather than virtually) non-customizable character base (if you're a medic, you're the exact same as all medics).

And while I like some of the changes to the game...like making 9 character classes instead of 32 professions (its much more like all the other MMOs now) and the quest based leveling... it was all a step in the right direction...but the combat engine is disgusting, and imo a step back. Couple that with the incompetant devs, and you have yourself a beautiful recipe for a crappy game.

RoamingMadness
Uber Nerd

Post by RoamingMadness »

So while we all disagree on what the game should be. We all agree this one is shit.
But I'm not the only one

There probably isn't any meaning in life. Perhaps you can find something interesting to do while you are alive. Like how you found that flower. Like how I found you.

Buttons aren't toys.

Genie
Jedi

Post by Genie »

RoamingMadness wrote:So while we all disagree on what the game should be. We all agree this one is shit.
I did not agree, unless yer basically sayin I dont matter.

Genie
Jedi

Post by Genie »

RoamingMadness
Uber Nerd

Post by RoamingMadness »

Genie wrote:
RoamingMadness wrote:So while we all disagree on what the game should be. We all agree this one is shit.
I did not agree, unless yer basically sayin I dont matter.
You said it, not me. Rofl.

Actually, that was directed to you. 'We all' as in, the 'the rest of us'.
But I'm not the only one

Buttons aren't toys.

Mikeyrat
Jedi

Post by Mikeyrat »

Look, guys, face it. THE GAME IS OLD. There is more to experience in a MMORPG than combat and professions. You can add new gizmos, weapons, craft, but pretty soon, everything still seems the same. None of these games are going to last forever.
Old Man.

RoamingMadness
Uber Nerd

Post by RoamingMadness »

Mikeyrat wrote:None of these games are going to last forever.
Clearly you haven't played starcraft.
But I'm not the only one

Buttons aren't toys.

Genie
Jedi

Post by Genie »

Its funny
D2 was played for like 4 years before we "quit", and they NEVER updated when needed.

SWG updates all the time, including 2 overhauls abeit not needed, but they still update. Yet this game is old.

ZoSo
Padawan

Post by ZoSo »

SWG is not getting the credit it's due. It's one of the more revolutionary games I've ever seen and it is my favorite game of all time. Maybe it's downfall was that it tried to do TOO much.

It had too many revolutionary ideas that had never been tried before, and it turned out to appeal to a hardcore social player rather than the casual Jedi-wannabe. No game had ever had pure crafters, cantinas with pure entertainers, a rewarding pvp system, decent end game combat, city designing and managing, and a player driver economy. No game has come close to this scope, and now that they're scaling back and dumbing it down I'm worried that SOE and LA think that this was their mistake.

I hope SWG2 is just as aggressive as SWG, but they try to improve on the original rather than make a new game (like NGE or CU).
Don't hate me because I'm pwn

ZoSo
Padawan

Post by ZoSo »

and good god, D2 can't even compare to a MMO. If I knew how good MMO's were compared to that hacked shit, then I don't think I would have wasted my time. How frustrating was it when, after perfecting a character, the newest hacks came out on ebay and the best legit players couldn't compete?

It was just a little ditty of a game, not something that we would have played for 2 years if not for the great friends we met along the way and the Dii.net forums.
Don't hate me because I'm pwn

Styrofoam
Nerd

Post by Styrofoam »

ZoSo wrote:SWG is not getting the credit it's due. It's one of the more revolutionary games I've ever seen and it is my favorite game of all time. Maybe it's downfall was that it tried to do TOO much.

It had too many revolutionary ideas that had never been tried before, and it turned out to appeal to a hardcore social player rather than the casual Jedi-wannabe. No game had ever had pure crafters, cantinas with pure entertainers, a rewarding pvp system, decent end game combat, city designing and managing, and a player driver economy. No game has come close to this scope, and now that they're scaling back and dumbing it down I'm worried that SOE and LA think that this was their mistake.

I hope SWG2 is just as aggressive as SWG, but they try to improve on the original rather than make a new game (like NGE or CU).
the second they announce SWG2 is the day i pre-order my copy. Like you, My best gaming moments all are from SWG - especially the early days before any of you noobs showed up to play with me. I remember convincing crow to get it. I even enjoyed the plug-crow drama. But the game i enjoyed seems to be gone now. So - if they make swg2, make it turn based again i'll play it.

shiram
Uber Nerd

Post by shiram »

if ever i play a swg themed game game again, theres no way in fricking hell im playing a wookie
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Clad
Babajong

Post by Clad »

shiram wrote:if ever i play a swg themed game game again, theres no way in fricking hell im playing a wookie
or at least wait about 7 months till they release the publish with armor for you :P

Crow
Jedi

Post by Crow »

Hey theres 3 suits of armor for wookies now.