I gotta say..

Where does he get those wonderful toys!?!?
RoamingMadness
Uber Nerd

I gotta say..

Post by RoamingMadness »

After some major hardware problems and a bunch of lost cds, i gave up. I installed Ubantu.

And i gotta say... i couldn't be happier.

For a computer made out of spare parts over 3 years old and a shitload of free software off the Internet... seriously this thing is a beast.

Comes with office and torrent apps built in, and a pseudo open source app store that does nearly everything else.

I guess i got lucky having no hardware or driver issues to speak of yet, but seriously, its a champ.

Next time you find yourself without an OS, i highly recommend Ubantu.
You may say that I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one

There probably isn't any meaning in life. Perhaps you can find something interesting to do while you are alive. Like how you found that flower. Like how I found you.

Buttons aren't toys.

Bane
Uber Nerd

Re: I gotta say..

Post by Bane »

Since I actually paid for the fucking thing, I'm gonna keep using Vista for some time ahead. Though I gotta admit, open source OS' does sound great. Unfortunetly though, it usually takes just a little biut more of patiance and knowledge to get working smoothly, and since i have the patiance and attention span like a twelve year old german kid on speed (think UT-kid) I just have never got around to trying.

Great that you got the stuff up and running though!
Drunkenmaster wrote:i am teh drun kand tbe drun,. wtf+ .... P?
<5Nme dream i can see tou I tell you how I fell???