In the mood for a new Graphics Card

Where does he get those wonderful toys!?!?
Genie
Jedi

In the mood for a new Graphics Card

Post by Genie »

I jsut sold me old pc last night, and got me some extra cash again. Figured I should save the cheddar and buy a new video graphics card, since the old one doesnt work in this new machine.

So im looking for something relatively inexpensive, utilizing the PCI-e slot. I'd like a minimum of 128mb onboard, but im up for anything within a reasonable price range of a hunn'r bucks or so. I havent done any looking yet, so I dont know how much PCI-e cards run. Since my workplace switched its annual bonus program to a quarterly system, I should be getting another bonus in the mail in another month too!
The fleecy cloud may kiss the sky...the rose may kiss the butterfly...the morning dew may kiss the grass...and you, my friend, can kiss my ass!

Koric
Cannon Fodder

Post by Koric »

Are you a particular brand loyalist or anything?

$142 card w/ $30 rebate and its OC'd out of the box + BFG gives a lifetime warranty+ free shipping through this store. Can usually upgrade to 2day with them for like $2.
http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDe ... st=bizrate
End

Genie
Jedi

Post by Genie »

damnit! I wish I has about another 15 bucks to spend right -now- I'd order that card. 30 bones back in a rebate that expires on Sunday... damnit! :(

I gotta find out what type of card Toke from SWG bought for 130 bucks, but he said he pulled a 512mb video card for about that price. seems rediculous to me.
The fleecy cloud may kiss the sky...the rose may kiss the butterfly...the morning dew may kiss the grass...and you, my friend, can kiss my ass!

Koric
Cannon Fodder

Post by Koric »

From what I've seen with 512MB GPUs they are all using DDR2 as compared to GDDR3 which most newer cards use. From what I've read GDDR3 runs cooler and helps with higher clock speeds which is always a good thing. I'm not too familiar with the nitty gritty between the two but thats why I got from a quick rundown.
End