a little help

Where does he get those wonderful toys!?!?
flint
Jedi

a little help

Post by flint »

So I downloaded D2 on bittorrent and now I dont really know what to do and I think my comp changed some of the associated programs for the files. In the folder I have these files

diablo2cd1 (bootvis trace file?? I think bootvis is a program my friend said would help my computer restart faster)
diablo2cd1.cue (CUE file)

I have those same files for each cd and the LOD cd

now what
if youre gonna be dumb you gotta be tough
shiram wrote:heh seeing as how the only other members we've seen in bathing suit are, iirc, Lisa, and mac...

so yea

SiC cLoWn
Babajong

Post by SiC cLoWn »

Well flint welcome to the cd image installing world! http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/downloa ... ry&catid=5 If you'll goto that it will take to you to download a program called Daemon Tools, its used to open up all sorts of possible file types like the one your encountering. Just install, its going to put a little icon on your taskbar and from that taskbar you right click open and its going to give you an option to mount or dismount or w/e. What you want to do is mount and look for what should be a .bin file in that folder where .cue is. If its not .bin look in the same place anyway and see if any files get inside your little open box. soon as you mount cd1 it should load up the auto install screen just like with any cd. When you need to put "cd2" in just unmount the first one and mount cd2. Pretty simple dude. :P

flint
Jedi

Post by flint »

I think roam owes us all an apology for not inviting you earlier
shiram wrote:heh seeing as how the only other members we've seen in bathing suit are, iirc, Lisa, and mac...

so yea

SiC cLoWn
Babajong

Post by SiC cLoWn »

Yeah he is what I call a 'fruit cup'. *waits for appology*

RoamingMadness
Uber Nerd

Post by RoamingMadness »

i love you SiC cLoWn
You may say that I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one

There probably isn't any meaning in life. Perhaps you can find something interesting to do while you are alive. Like how you found that flower. Like how I found you.

Buttons aren't toys.

Koric
Cannon Fodder

Post by Koric »

Throatjob?!?! HOT!!

You can also switch the number of virtual drives DT uses (up to 4) which I find to be much more convenient than switching and such.
End

Hylandor
Padawan

Post by Hylandor »

Just to elaborate more

A .cue files purpose is to tell image recording programs how to burn the .bin file.

As allready mentioned, you can mount the .bin file and not worry about burning the game to a CD, or you can grab a image burning software(Nero Burning Rom) and load the .cue file into it. Nero will recognize the .cue file and burn the .bin correctly to a CD so you can just pop the game into any computer and install/run it.

Also, for anyone who might be interested, you can grab a program called IsoBuster that can extract all the content in a .bin file.

flint
Jedi

Post by flint »

why did this post return from the grave again?

so yea

Genie
Jedi

Post by Genie »

cause that throatjob guy revived it.

RoamingMadness
Uber Nerd

Post by RoamingMadness »

yea spam bumped it
You may say that I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one

There probably isn't any meaning in life. Perhaps you can find something interesting to do while you are alive. Like how you found that flower. Like how I found you.

Buttons aren't toys.