Fantasy league, final thoughts

You can just make that out to cash.

Moderators: flint, Styrofoam

Kadian
Jedi

Fantasy league, final thoughts

Post by Kadian »

Well, my season has been full of unfortunate problems, bad picks, loss of key players, etc. I think my bad luck is proven by my #3 point ranking and 6 out of 8 record thanks to a schedule that included many games against #1, 2, and 3 on their best weeks, the rest on their best game, or my worst, but I digress.

Of course the main problem is still the fact that #1, 2, and 3 got to where they were because they actually made sure they had active players every week, unlike the other 4 players besides me. For the last few weeks I have been pleading with the others to play a full team to help me get in the playoffs. (because a few other wins would have helped me greatly) Not that it would matter since my team always falls apart when it counts, but I feel I had a chance due to my point total.

Before I place all the blame elsewhere I will say that going into the season I did not know enough about fantasy football, or the players I should pick. Now that I have a season under my belt I should be better at picking the guys that will perform weekly, and the teams that won’t melt under pressure every other week. So now that my season is coming to a close I look forward to a better year next year, which hopefully involves those of you who will play whether or not you fall behind in the first 5 weeks, and a few other guys that will as well.

RoamingMadness
Uber Nerd

Post by RoamingMadness »

sadly i got involved in my new job, ive had to work far too much to remember
You may say that I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one

There probably isn't any meaning in life. Perhaps you can find something interesting to do while you are alive. Like how you found that flower. Like how I found you.

Buttons aren't toys.

Kadian
Jedi

Post by Kadian »

People get busy, it's understandable, but what isn't understandable is how the FUCKING STEELERS CAN ONLY GET 3 POINTS VS. MIAMI!!!!!

Case in point I guess, I needed 43 to tie Crow and I had an expected 38 with my 3 Pittsburg players....not impossible, 5 points more than predicted...... but what did I get...........8...............8........................8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11!!!!1!1!!!!!!11!!!11

That's a full 30 points less than expected......(of my 3 steelers)............30!!!!!!11one!!!!1111oneone!!!11

That's 40 less than my total expected score (which as almost all my weeks was higher than my opponents expected score)........

Give me a fucking break......that is all.

Hylandor
Padawan

Post by Hylandor »

I'll be done after my first playoff game

flint
Jedi

Post by flint »

well Kadian you should still make the playoffs and honestly when it comes to fantasy gold there are only 3 games that matter - the last 3
if youre gonna be dumb you gotta be tough
shiram wrote:heh seeing as how the only other members we've seen in bathing suit are, iirc, Lisa, and mac...

so yea

Kadian
Jedi

Post by Kadian »

Well I guess I don't know how many teams make the playoffs, but I just had to rant last night, I've had some pretty shitty luck......booze was also involved.

Crow
Jedi

Post by Crow »

Problem #1 was too many people bitched about their teams.
#2 is too many people didn't change out players as needed.
#3 is half the league didn't give a shit.

Limping to victory with three guys on a bye week is lame shit, I'd rather see someone get owned hard then beat someone who actually took the time to put players in.

Styrofoam
Nerd

Post by Styrofoam »

I tried week to week to put my best players in. Although, some weeks I just didn't have the time to check it. Also, I drafter poorly (partly because i missed the first 3 rounds of the draft) but its a learning experience. Next year, i'll do better.
im so disciplined i fold my pocket kings 1 out of every 3 times i get them

flint
Jedi

Post by flint »

I think this was a tough year for fantasy rookies with the emergence of running back by committee not to mention its just been a pretty insane year with all the first round flops and late round gems

hell I just dropped my first rounder (Shaun Alexander) for the first time ever, and look at Crow's receivers (Braylon Edwards, Wes Welker, Plaxico Burruss)... who thought any of those would be top ten wide receivers with the possible exception of Plaxico?
if youre gonna be dumb you gotta be tough
shiram wrote:heh seeing as how the only other members we've seen in bathing suit are, iirc, Lisa, and mac...

so yea

Crow
Jedi

Post by Crow »

Shit I picked up Wes halfway through the season when 60% of my team went on BYE. Then I snagged Jason Witten from Dallas when my tight ends blew balls.

Suprises of the year would be the fact that the Patriots are on their way to a undefeated season and that Adrian Peterson had a runaway year until the packers owned him in the face. Or me drafting Favre as my backup and having him do crazy stuff for the first time in 5+ years.

The top 3 teams right now can't be beat, no question. The sheer luck of auto-draft was with us and with some minor tweaking made for some strong teams. I never thought my slightly superstar team would do so well, even though I had the Bears D and LT both of which performed on a sub-par level for most of their games this year.