Movie / tv-series suggestions

Movies, books and other non-gaming fun.

Moderator: shiram

Bane
Uber Nerd

Movie / tv-series suggestions

Post by Bane »

Hola,

Since I have lots of free time (unemployed and single) and since there are so good streaming-sites available, give me suggestions on what movies and shows to watch.

Often when I open up icefilms I just can't figure out what movie/show to search for, heh.. So, what are your favorites?

Just finished wathcing generation kill, awesome show, albeit kinda short. I'm thinking about watching the old band of brothers since I love that part of our history (been playing old CoD games just because I love that setting, hehe).

I'm not much for satirical/comic shows like simpsons or family guy unless I'm eating dinner in front of the tv though. I prefer more 'realistic' shows.

So, basically I'm just looking for inspiration, what do you guys like? What movies and tv-shows would you recommend?
Drunkenmaster wrote:i am teh drun kand tbe drun,. wtf+ .... P?
<5Nme dream i can see tou I tell you how I fell???

shiram
Uber Nerd

Post by shiram »

im really into Penn and Teller's Bullshit
they just pick a popular subject and give it a good bit of skepticism
they are "vulgar" and there is nudity in the show, particularly the fifth season
they tackle stuff like recycling, bottled water, PETA, circumcision, feng shui, yoga...

The Venture Bros is a fun cartoon, its spoofs the Hannah Barbarra cartoons a lot. The show takes some time starting, the first few episodes not quite doing it, but afterward, its pretty awesome

mythbusters is fun also, if you don't know em, i prefer seasons 3-4-5 personally

Donnie Darko was a pretty good low budget movie, its sci-fi, and it leaves some questions for you to figure out for yourself
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Bane
Uber Nerd

Post by Bane »

Yeah, penn and teller are just awesome. I've seen a couple of their shows on tv, dunno which season though. I'll look'em up and see if I can find those. Thanks.

Yeah ofc I know mythbusters, hehe.. They are really funny sometimes.

Never heard of venture bros. I googled them now just to get a grip of what it is, maybe I'll try a few episodes (if I find them), but normally I'm not much for cartoons tbh.

Hmm,.. I've heard of donnie darko but never actually seen it. I'll sure look at this movie.

Cheers!
Drunkenmaster wrote:i am teh drun kand tbe drun,. wtf+ .... P?
<5Nme dream i can see tou I tell you how I fell???

shiram
Uber Nerd

Post by shiram »

Well Britain has got a similar show to mythbusters, but i didnt like it much
its called Brainiac : Science abuse

wasnt my cup of tea though

the first season of Heroes was pretty good as well
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

StormCrow
Jedi

Post by StormCrow »

Venture Brothers is quite amazing Highly recommended

House is a good show (only network type show i actually watch)

Futurama is always great especially the 4 original seasons although the 4 DVD movies are pretty good too.

Hylandor
Padawan

Post by Hylandor »

Band of Brothers Pacific is starting this month!

The new season of Fringe starts up in September too.

If you're in to UFC, the Heavyweight Ultimate Fighter begins next week(Kimbo Slice is a contender)