Passchendaele

Movies, books and other non-gaming fun.

Moderator: shiram

Shaz
Babajong

Passchendaele

Post by Shaz »

New Canadian film put together by Paul Gross (fairly well known Canadian Actor - look him up).

The film is basically a character movie covering some of the less war aspects of the first world war centered around the time of the assault to take a small danish town which the film is named after.

There are still war scenes which are quite realistic and graphic to me without being right over the top for gore, and as an added feature, one of my very good friends is in the movie. He plays "Johnson" and you'll see him on screen choking the chicken (an actual chicken, you dirty bastards!).

Some of the reviews have bitched that it is too much of a "chick flick", but I really enjoyed it and think it was a great movie. Wouldn't be surprised to see it up for several nominations come awards time.

Anyway ... if you are interested in any of the war genre, I'd say to check it out. Two thumbs up from me.
"Environmentalism as a metaphysical ideology and as a worldview has absolutely nothing to do with natural sciences or with the climate."

StormCrow
Jedi

Post by StormCrow »

i thought this was about the Iron Maiden song, which i thoroughly enjoy, but this could be interesting, there's not that many movies about WWI, and I think its a pretty interesting period in history.