WALL-E

Movies, books and other non-gaming fun.

Moderator: shiram

Genie
Jedi

WALL-E

Post by Genie »

Pixar has always been known to bring out quality, entertaining animations that are set in a tone for all ages and pretty well hit the mark so far.

I went and saw WALL-E last night because I always enjoy a good pixar flick and my wife enjoys pretty much all things Disney.

WALL-E imo continues the Pixar quality as this film was really great. Starts off with an Excentric robot disposal unit named WALL-E (Which stands for something, like "waste allocation somethinsomethin..." I couldnt read the writing on the side of the tanker in time)

The point of the story is that humans ave pretty much destroyed earth by covering it in trash. A company named Buy and Large ran most of the world and convinced said world to leave via space ships on a cruise while the WALL-E line of robots attempts to clean things up.

Evidence of failure are all over, as WALL-E is the last remaining bot.

The film follows the store of E.V.E. a robot whos mission it is to find signs of organic life growing on earth again and the subsequent hijinx of WALL-E falling in love with her. the two get into all sorts of trouble and go all over the place; WALL-E more so to find and be with his new love. (Being an excentric one-of-your-kind does that)

In all the film had moral values leading up to the ending that really captures the essence of what -could- happen, although not in our lifetime.

If you guys like Pixar films I would definately recommend this one.
The fleecy cloud may kiss the sky...the rose may kiss the butterfly...the morning dew may kiss the grass...and you, my friend, can kiss my ass!

RoamingMadness
Uber Nerd

Post by RoamingMadness »

Can someone else please explain wtf genie is talking about.
You may say that I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one

There probably isn't any meaning in life. Perhaps you can find something interesting to do while you are alive. Like how you found that flower. Like how I found you.

Buttons aren't toys.

Genie
Jedi

Post by Genie »

The fleecy cloud may kiss the sky...the rose may kiss the butterfly...the morning dew may kiss the grass...and you, my friend, can kiss my ass!

RoamingMadness
Uber Nerd

Post by RoamingMadness »

Genie wrote:This
Okay i watched the trailer.. and let me repeat.

Can someone else please explain wtf genie is talking about.
But I'm not the only one

There probably isn't any meaning in life. Perhaps you can find something interesting to do while you are alive. Like how you found that flower. Like how I found you.

Buttons aren't toys.

Genie
Jedi

Post by Genie »

uhm, I explained a little bit without spoiling it what the movie was about? :?:

RoamingMadness
Uber Nerd

Post by RoamingMadness »

Genie wrote:uhm, I explained a little bit without spoiling it what the movie was about? :?:
I sorta get it now, but its more fun to pretend i dont.
But I'm not the only one

Buttons aren't toys.

Genie
Jedi

Post by Genie »

:roll: