Ironman

Movies, books and other non-gaming fun.

Moderator: shiram

Bane
Uber Nerd

Ironman

Post by Bane »

Hola,

Has anyone seen it yet? I never read the comics but I faintly recall that red/yellow dude, so I reckon I have seen him somewhere sometime.

The trailer looked kinda cool and promising though.
Drunkenmaster wrote:i am teh drun kand tbe drun,. wtf+ .... P?
<5Nme dream i can see tou I tell you how I fell???

shiram
Uber Nerd

Post by shiram »

its out next week, this week its indiana jones

Iron man though, i have a bad feeling that all thats good in the movie we've already seen in the trailer
can't say i read any iron man comics, and the few things i read he was included in (civil war, marvel zombies) werent all that impressive
still it would be cool to be surprised by a great movie
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

RoamingMadness
Uber Nerd

Post by RoamingMadness »

ill bet iron man is better than spiderman 2 and 3
You may say that I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one

There probably isn't any meaning in life. Perhaps you can find something interesting to do while you are alive. Like how you found that flower. Like how I found you.

Buttons aren't toys.

awn44
Padawan

Post by awn44 »

2 elements make this possibility of DAMN GOOD

1) Downey Jr. - - he's in his prime

2) Directed by Jon Favreau - did an excellent job in Elf - he knows his SFX and he knows how to handle big ideas in a blockbuster on a personal level

Genie
Jedi

Post by Genie »

RoamingMadness wrote:ill bet iron man is better than spiderman 2 and 3
Spider-man 2 was by far the best in the series, so having anything comparing spider-man 2 and 3 together is bad. 3 wasnt so good, admittingly, but 2 was superb by far
The fleecy cloud may kiss the sky...the rose may kiss the butterfly...the morning dew may kiss the grass...and you, my friend, can kiss my ass!

RoamingMadness
Uber Nerd

Post by RoamingMadness »

Genie wrote:
RoamingMadness wrote:ill bet iron man is better than spiderman 2 and 3
Spider-man 2 was by far the best in the series, so having anything comparing spider-man 2 and 3 together is bad. 3 wasnt so good, admittingly, but 2 was superb by far
Um no. Both those movies suck. They have no plot, shitty actors, crappy effects. Not only that, but they (similar to the x-men series) made subpar rewrites to a story that wasn't all that great to begin with. Iron man looks awesome. My money says its the best super hero movie yet.

Well, it or Batman Begins. (which was better than all the spidermans combined)
But I'm not the only one

There probably isn't any meaning in life. Perhaps you can find something interesting to do while you are alive. Like how you found that flower. Like how I found you.

Buttons aren't toys.

Genie
Jedi

Post by Genie »

Opinions are like penises. Every guy has one.

My is just a little bigger than yours :lol:

Iron man was okay, but definately not Spider-man 2 quality.
The fleecy cloud may kiss the sky...the rose may kiss the butterfly...the morning dew may kiss the grass...and you, my friend, can kiss my ass!

RoamingMadness
Uber Nerd

Post by RoamingMadness »

Genie wrote:Opinions are like penises. Every guy has one.

My is just a little bigger than yours :lol:

Iron man was okay, but definately not Spider-man 2 quality.
And similar to the english language. Mine is actually used correctly. Unlike the horrible acts (read: homosexual) you commit with yours.

Pwnt. And spiderman 2 was garbage.
But I'm not the only one

Buttons aren't toys.

Genie
Jedi

Post by Genie »

explain to me in what manner spider-man 2 was garbage.
cause I dont see it.

shiram
Uber Nerd

Post by shiram »

i felt iron man was better than any spiderman, but then even though i never got into ironman, i always kinda thought spidey was lame
and the movie just showcase him in a way thats so uninteresting, the third one being the worst
kristen dunst does an horrible job at being maryjane, except maybe in the first spidey...

but enough about spiderman
iron man was a 2 hour of fun, action and comedy
the one thing that stood out as a sore spot was Gwyneth Paltrow who looks kinda weird, and doesnt quite fit in
great popcorn movie if you ask me

RoamingMadness
Uber Nerd

Post by RoamingMadness »

The first spiderman was good, in a similar way to the matrix. It was done really well, came out of no where, and had everything we needed in a movie.

Then, also in matrix fashion. Someone took a huge steaming 100 million dollar shit into a box and called it a sequel. I already told you. The movie has no new effects. No substance. It doesnt even have some sort of nostalgic goodness for me. It was just CGI shit over crappy acting of a crappy plot. It wasnt funny, it wasnt thrilling. The best part about the movie the first time i watched it was the fact i fell asleep in the middle of it. I dont need 100 minutes of spiderman getting in touch with his feelings, to have him wrap it all up in 27 minutes of lame fight scenes.

And isnt mary jane suppose to be a hot model? Casting = fail. I wouldnt even date that snaggle tooth slut.

Whats the main problem in the story? Spiderman is a whiny cunt who can't deal with being a superhero and balancing his lack of a real life. Are you fucking kidding me? I could have solved this movie in 5 minutes, punched him in his vagina and moved on.

Please explain this to me. Please tell me one reason why this movie was great.
But I'm not the only one

Buttons aren't toys.

shiram
Uber Nerd

Post by shiram »

RoamingMadness wrote:
Whats the main problem in the story? Spiderman is a whiny cunt who can't deal with being a superhero and balancing his lack of a real life. Are you fucking kidding me? I could have solved this movie in 5 minutes, punched him in his vagina and moved on.
from what i have been told spiderman is pretty much always that way...

Genie
Jedi

Post by Genie »

RoamingMadness wrote:The first spiderman was good, in a similar way to the matrix. It was done really well, came out of no where, and had everything we needed in a movie.

Then, also in matrix fashion. Someone took a huge steaming 100 million dollar shit into a box and called it a sequel. I already told you. The movie has no new effects. No substance. It doesnt even have some sort of nostalgic goodness for me. It was just CGI shit over crappy acting of a crappy plot. It wasnt funny, it wasnt thrilling. The best part about the movie the first time i watched it was the fact i fell asleep in the middle of it. I dont need 100 minutes of spiderman getting in touch with his feelings, to have him wrap it all up in 27 minutes of lame fight scenes.

And isnt mary jane suppose to be a hot model? Casting = fail. I wouldnt even date that snaggle tooth slut.

Please explain this to me. Please tell me one reason why this movie was great.
With a response like that, I see no reason to give my reason. It wont matter

Moving on.

RoamingMadness
Uber Nerd

Post by RoamingMadness »

Im glad you see things my way.
But I'm not the only one

Buttons aren't toys.

Genie
Jedi

Post by Genie »

I dont see things your way, nor do I agree with you.
I just figure, if yer gonna just blah blah blah movie is shit about everything I consider differently, its not a good idea to continue a conversation.

Crow
Jedi

Post by Crow »

In holding any movie to the greatness that was the first matrix we must first ask ourselves... was the first matrix even that good? Because as most series do the following two films were just barely good enough to not make me walk out of it.

Spiderman is not Batman or Superman, he's some douche bag kid that fell into powers he didn't want and felt a sense of justice stir in himself. He's a morally upstanding person before and after his powers. He's pretty much the anti-stereotype because he's dorky. Had the movies not been this way they would have blown hard.

Spiderman 3 was better then 2.

the end.
"I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to do so because some people out there in our nation don't have maps and I believe that our education like such as in South Africa and the Iraq and everywhere like such as and I believe that they should our education over here in the U.S. should help the U.S. or should help South Africa and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries so we will be able to build up our future for us."

Friends don't let friends educate their children in South Carolina