Currently playing:

From the Orange Box to Minesweeper

Moderator: Crow

Darius
Padawan

Currently playing:

Post by Darius »

- Wolfenstein - just completed single player at hard; despite "consolitis" (lack of FSAA, quick save, etc.), it's a pretty good game IMO, underrated around the www, with good level design, story, weapons. Recommended as an old school FPS.

- Street Fighter IV - a nostalgic, great game - bought it just because I loved SF2 15 years ago :) Awesome graphics, pretty demanding and tactical gameplay.

- FIFA 10 - I love good football games so picked that one up for X360; the PC version is utter crap again.

- LotRO - the only MMO I'm currently playing, after quitting WAR (got a bit bored with it, RvR gets tedious after a while).

- NfS Shift - finally a decent NfS again but completely, utterly unplayable with keyboard past mid-tier 2. Either ditching it or getting a wheel soon :)

- Batman AA - just started the game, looks very promising; graphics and animations are great,

- Sacred 2 - occasionally playing for a few minutes.

Waiting for:
- The Witcher 2 (I love Sapkowski's books and the first game),
- Diablo 3 (ofc),
- Deus Ex 3,
- Thief 4,
- NBA 2k10,
- Risen (not sure I'm gonna like it, demo was OK...),
- Dragon Age (see above, except no demo :P),
- Modern Warfare 2,
- Assassin's Creed 2 (PC version delayed :/),
- Trine (a cute jump & run with physics-based puzzles, my wife liked it).
Probably no Bioshock 2 for me, not sure I'll enjoy crawling around Rapture again.
w w w . t h e w i t c h e r . c o m

StormCrow
Jedi

Re: Currently playing:

Post by StormCrow »

been playing mainly

Heroes of Newerth
SF4 (it is quite awesome)
AION

not much else pretty boring season

although i have been working on making myself a custom arcade stick ps3/xbox360/gamecube compatible (for TvC coming out in january)

looking forward to:

Tekken 6, Tatsunoka vs Capcom (may not have spelled that right), D3 and maybe Brutal Legend (cause Psychonauts was freaking awesome).

shiram
Uber Nerd

Post by shiram »

i didnt really like batman AA, it was ok, but not the kinda gameplay i really like
mostly playing fallout 3, and finally going for the expansion, as they just got released on the ps3

i guess im looking forward to God of War3 and borderlands
not many upcoming games are grabbing my attention
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Hylandor
Padawan

Post by Hylandor »

FIFA 10 isn't out yet in the states! I've been playing the demo over and over. Love it

Also playing ODST. Campaign is really short. Only 2 new weapons have been added(Powerful zoom pistol, and a silenced SMG). New mode called Firefight was added, which is extremely similar to that in Gears of War.

Darius
Padawan

Post by Darius »

FIFA 10 is good but they could really improve a few things (some horrible player likenesses, stupid trades and unrealistic results in manager mode, etc.). Still, the game is good.

I initially wanted to get it for PS3 (they finally added some anti-aliasing this year) but after trying both versions, I went for the X360 one due to IMO slightly better sharpness and overall look. The feature that totally improved the 360 is the possibility to install games on HDD. The goddamn thing is quiet, at last.

I've just completed the very first part of Batman AA and went outside. I must say I like the game so far. Very smooth animations, nice graphics, good atmosphere. However, gameplay isn't really "killer" IMO, and I think the game is a bit overrated around the web, just the way Wolfenstein is underrated.
w w w . t h e w i t c h e r . c o m