Crysis Warhead

From the Orange Box to Minesweeper

Moderator: Crow

Bane
Uber Nerd

Crysis Warhead

Post by Bane »

Never tried the first game, but I downloaded this FPS first of all once I got the new comp up and running.

I have not been dissapointed. Tru,e my comp can not max the graphics (can any?) but man, it is really beautyfull! I still have only played the first mission, but it was good.

As always, the AI leaves alot to wish for, I wonder how long we will have to wait before enemy soldiers wander around looking for you while you are hiding behind a very small rock, or ignores what happens when you are firing at their friends, heh.. True, it's among the betters ones no doubt, but still enemies act strangely, I noticed.

The suit of armor you wear gives you special powers like, speed, strength, armor or cloaking but only one at a time. I had some fun cloaking and then sneaking up behind soldiers, grabbing them and then using strenght mode to throw them way up in the air, eiher just watching them crash down or shoot at them while in mid air. I think MP can become quite interresting when different people learn to master the diff skills and to change quickly between them, and I would like to try it out if it gets cracked.

It feels though, in single player, that I should have had played the first game before this one. You are thrown into the story with no real intro, and if you haven't played the first ame like me, you dunno at all why US are fighting koreans in some wierd islands wearing space suits with futurstic skills, heh..

Well, a short review based on my first impressions of the game. So far it looks very promising, but prolly not buyable.

I have also downloaded older games like the Witcher and NWN2 as well as the new WWII FPS Brothers in Arms: Hells Highway.

Soon I will have tried them all, and one will emerge as the funniest on and I will spend most time playing that game.

Cheers,

EDIT: I never did play it through, not until now (2009-08-26). Man that game sucked ass, I played it through in no more than 4-5 hours! I am damn glad I didn't pay for that crap. It should be criminal to say it's a new game when in reality it's no more than a mere expansion..
Drunkenmaster wrote:i am teh drun kand tbe drun,. wtf+ .... P?
<5Nme dream i can see tou I tell you how I fell???