Titan Quest

From the Orange Box to Minesweeper

Moderator: Crow

StormCrow
Jedi

Titan Quest

Post by StormCrow »

anyone played this? i picked it up the other day, and well, its diablo2 with a prettier face (arguably) and its still fun, can't stop liking the diablo style gameplay, its just too fun.

although i have a thing for greek mythology, so i figured i'd like the game, til i started seeing shit like fighting Polyphemus (the cyclops odysseus blinds in the oddyssey) not to mention he's working for the titans (polyphemus is Poseidon's son in the Oddyssey) so him working against the "gods" is pretty fucked up, yeah yeah just a game.

did i mention i like smashing things over and over and over on repetitive landscapes and picking up shiny things.

diablo2 was fun, maybe hellgate london will be a good 3rd coming (since its done by bill roper)

Also the last boss of titan quest is about 50x harder than anything else you fight in the game, which is pretty cool.

Mikeyrat
Jedi

Post by Mikeyrat »

Kiddo and the wife had me pick this up for them (on a friend of her's recommendation) and it was super cheap ($20), as is its expansion. Anyway, the wife was a big D2 player (several 99s) and they both like it a lot. Only thing is, it looks like it works more like Open Battlenet than closed, and hacked stuff is simple to put on. For instance, someone gave kiddo a ring that reduced the requirements for all his equipment to 0, so he can wear anything his level regardless of what it is.

But anyway, they like the famaliar game play with new eye-candy.
Old Man.

flint
Jedi

Post by flint »

I played it through once with my friend and that was enough for me. The game patches really fucked us over as well as just made the game really boring because they made it so every monster was nearly impossible to kill but did almost no damage to us, but that was a long time ago.
if youre gonna be dumb you gotta be tough
shiram wrote:heh seeing as how the only other members we've seen in bathing suit are, iirc, Lisa, and mac...

so yea

shiram
Uber Nerd

Post by shiram »

i picked this up this week-end for kicks
started a warrior, and will go with rogue later on when i maxed a couple things in warrior

its really diablo-esque, but thats a good thing i guess
i prefered the more fantasy oriented environment of diablo though
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.