Xbox 360

From the Orange Box to Minesweeper

Moderator: Crow

Hylandor
Padawan

Xbox 360

Post by Hylandor »

Oh man, Halo3, Forza 2, Fable 2, GTA 4, Gears of War, Unreal 07... I think my addiction to the Xbox will soon be returning.

Microsoft is definitely throwing some heat at Sony.

Octa
Cannon Fodder

Post by Octa »

I will buy a 360 and all associated accessories just for Halo 3. Not interested in the PS3 at all.
Sifo-EQ2

shiram
Uber Nerd

Post by shiram »

seeing as how the game in interested in are : gta4, the final fantasy series, god of war and most stuff square enix pulls, im still heading for a ps3

i basically think between the ps3 and 360 it will be a matter of wich game library you prefer
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Octa
Cannon Fodder

Post by Octa »

shiram wrote:seeing as how the game in interested in are : gta4, the final fantasy series, god of war and most stuff square enix pulls, im still heading for a ps3

i basically think between the ps3 and 360 it will be a matter of wich game library you prefer
100% agree
Sifo-EQ2

TigerPrawn
ultranoob

Post by TigerPrawn »

Dead rising looks like alot of fun. So far my 360 purchase has been ok... Table tennis is actually really fun :).

Bane
Uber Nerd

Post by Bane »

Never understood why ppl like the Halo games at all, finished the first one in a coupla of hours with a mate, wan't even funny. The second one, well, same shit imo. The third gotta be -alot- better too even make me wanna try it out..

FPS and consols = disaster :roll:
Drunkenmaster wrote:i am teh drun kand tbe drun,. wtf+ .... P?
<5Nme dream i can see tou I tell you how I fell???

RoboTurtle
Babajong

Post by RoboTurtle »

Bane wrote:Never understood why ppl like the Halo games at all, finished the first one in a coupla of hours with a mate, wan't even funny. The second one, well, same shit imo. The third gotta be -alot- better too even make me wanna try it out..

Agreed.

I played Halo on the mac, and while it was enjoyable- it wasn't all that. Driving was a bit of a bitch as well.

And yes, FPS + Consoles suck, apart from Goldeneye which worked only because of auto aim.
MOUSE or track ball is a requirement.

Maybe the new Nintendo machine will be good for FPS? Or the PS3 as it now has a motion sensor in the pad.

TigerPrawn
ultranoob

Post by TigerPrawn »

RoboTurtle wrote:
Bane wrote:Never understood why ppl like the Halo games at all, finished the first one in a coupla of hours with a mate, wan't even funny. The second one, well, same shit imo. The third gotta be -alot- better too even make me wanna try it out..

Agreed.

I played Halo on the mac, and while it was enjoyable- it wasn't all that. Driving was a bit of a bitch as well.

And yes, FPS + Consoles suck, apart from Goldeneye which worked only because of auto aim.
MOUSE or track ball is a requirement.

Maybe the new Nintendo machine will be good for FPS? Or the PS3 as it now has a motion sensor in the pad.
I was in the same mindset, but I'm now getting the hang of playing FPS on consoles. Battlefield 2 on consoles is damn fun and has a nice control scheme. However, nothing beats the speed and accuracy of mouse and keyboard.

I too think Halo is nothing special. I finally played it and I don't find it all that great.

RoboTurtle
Babajong

Post by RoboTurtle »

I think it can only work if the FPS is designed for the console, rather than just a port. Q3 on the DC sucked balls.

Octa
Cannon Fodder

Post by Octa »

I thought Halo was awesome. I think the issue is putting it in context however. The original Halo for the Xbox was released in November 2001. At that time it was groundbreaking. There wasn't anything like it on the console or PC. Halo for the PC wasn't released until almost 2 years later in September 2003. Halo PC was out of date when it was released. Yeah they made some updates but there was much better already out on the market.

On a side note - some of the most fun and challenge I have had gaming was completing Halo on Legendary setting. If you want to put the game on easy and fly through it then thats your choice. It took me countless hours to master the game at that setting. That's strictly console, I never played Halo PC.
Sifo-EQ2