Witcher 2

From the Orange Box to Minesweeper

Moderator: Crow

Bane
Uber Nerd

Witcher 2

Post by Bane »

Anyone played it? It's a great game, alot better than the first IMHO. I'm a third/half way through and 'm having a blast. Spent most of my last week of vacation playing, hehe.. Haven't played this much in a long time!

I hated the skills system in the first game, and the fighting was tedious with all the stances and whatnot. I never did like the lack of good items, where the skill did all the damage and the weapons was secondary. They've changed that and now it's a good ol' RPG when it comes to leveling and items. The characters and dialogues are great, at par with DA, IMO.

I fully recommend it if you like RPG's. It's said to be rather short, but doing all the side quest and some item hunting, but I spent ~twenty hours for the prolugue and chapter 1 (there are three chapters, and I think, an epilogue but dunno if it's playable).

THe only downside is the difficulty of understanding the world and al when you have never read/played Witcher before. I had to google the world map just to get one in english so I knew where the hell I was, heh... :) (The in-game world map has some weird language, prolly familiar to those who've read the books).

EDIT: Just beat the game. You had to make alot of decisions along the way which affected the story and the outcome. It was great and I can really recommend a playthrough!
Drunkenmaster wrote:i am teh drun kand tbe drun,. wtf+ .... P?
<5Nme dream i can see tou I tell you how I fell???

StormCrow
Jedi

Re: Witcher 2

Post by StormCrow »

good as fuck game, i loved both storylines (liked iorveth's path a tad better)

i need to try out the new enhanced edition which is supposed to flesh out chapter 3.

the new opening video with Letho is pretty damn entertaining to watch.

Bane
Uber Nerd

Re: Witcher 2

Post by Bane »

I did plan to play through both main story lines, but only did finish Iorveth's. Just cvan't help myself siding up with he underdogs :P An enhanced edition though may just make me reboot the game.. if ever I find the time!
Drunkenmaster wrote:i am teh drun kand tbe drun,. wtf+ .... P?
<5Nme dream i can see tou I tell you how I fell???