Star Wars: The Old Republic info released - official website

From the Orange Box to Minesweeper

Moderator: Crow

Genie
Jedi

Star Wars: The Old Republic info released - official website

Post by Genie »

So bioware and lucasarts finally released info on the new up and coming SW mmo, the old republic.
http://www.swtor.com/

Takes place 300 years after KoToR2. If you like Jedi, this game is for you. Otherwise....meh, SWG > SWTOR as of right now
The fleecy cloud may kiss the sky...the rose may kiss the butterfly...the morning dew may kiss the grass...and you, my friend, can kiss my ass!

shiram
Uber Nerd

Post by shiram »

http://kotaku.com/5066929/star-wars-the ... now-so-far

yea hold of your horses there
we get the first annoucement and your already decided?
i for one think the premises and idea sound ok, but unless they can work out a decent paying system, ie not per month, its not for me
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Genie
Jedi

Post by Genie »

For my defense, I did say "As of right now"
The fleecy cloud may kiss the sky...the rose may kiss the butterfly...the morning dew may kiss the grass...and you, my friend, can kiss my ass!

Crow
Jedi

Post by Crow »

SWG blows dick.

If they want this game to draw huge numbers they need to stay the fuck away from anything "iconic". They should put in shit like, swordsman, pikeman, fencer, TKM, pistoleer, rifleman, carbineer, ranger, squad leader, bounty hunter, commando, medic, doctor, combat medic, smuggler, jedi, sith, armorsmith, tailor, weaponsmith, droid engineer.

If they made a game where you could pick and choose what you wanted to be and not limit you I would definatly play it.
"I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to do so because some people out there in our nation don't have maps and I believe that our education like such as in South Africa and the Iraq and everywhere like such as and I believe that they should our education over here in the U.S. should help the U.S. or should help South Africa and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries so we will be able to build up our future for us."

Friends don't let friends educate their children in South Carolina

shiram
Uber Nerd

Post by shiram »

how about jedi / sith scoundrel, scout, soldier, noble? and maybe some prestige class later on...
do we really need a swordsmand and a fencer?

ZoSo
Padawan

Post by ZoSo »

I always thought that was the charm of the old SWG..

anyways, will be interesting to see how this shapes up.
Don't hate me because I'm pwn

StormCrow
Jedi

Post by StormCrow »

not sure if i'll want to play this, I like Bioware, but Lucasarts sure fucks up a lot of things. If it turns out good, it may be something fun to do instead of WoW or whatever.

Bane
Uber Nerd

Post by Bane »

"After hours of waiting you finally get to meet the Jedi council, the mightiest jedis in the universe. Why have they summoned you, what is they need you to do, you ask yourself. You wait in awe fore their request...

Kill five dire rats and bring us the tails and you shalt be rewarded with five copper coins."

MMORPG = SUCKS, Super Uber Crappy.. something.
Drunkenmaster wrote:i am teh drun kand tbe drun,. wtf+ .... P?
<5Nme dream i can see tou I tell you how I fell???

shiram
Uber Nerd

Post by shiram »

Bane wrote:"After hours of waiting you finally get to meet the Jedi council, the mightiest jedis in the universe. Why have they summoned you, what is they need you to do, you ask yourself. You wait in awe fore their request...

Kill five dire rats and bring us the tails and you shalt be rewarded with five copper coins."

yea they are saying the quest system wont be like that, and that it will have a story to tell
we'll see

RoamingMadness
Uber Nerd

Post by RoamingMadness »

Bane wrote:"After hours of waiting you finally get to meet the Jedi council, the mightiest jedis in the universe. Why have they summoned you, what is they need you to do, you ask yourself. You wait in awe fore their request...

That might have just summed it up for me..

lol
You may say that I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one

There probably isn't any meaning in life. Perhaps you can find something interesting to do while you are alive. Like how you found that flower. Like how I found you.

Buttons aren't toys.

Bane
Uber Nerd

Post by Bane »

shiram wrote:

yea they are saying the quest system wont be like that, and that it will have a story to tell
we'll see
If I'm not mistaken, didn't Bliz say that about WoW as well? The only thing that brings the story forward in their case, is their buttload of expansions, heh..

Still, I would love to have a great MMORPG, expecially one in the SW setting, but to be honest, I don't think it's really possible to combine real RPG elements into games that require power gaming to be fun.. It's just not a feasible combo unfortunatly.

Currently I have a good computer, enough money and also time to spend, so if indeed a really good MMORPG or similar was released, I would actually play it.
Drunkenmaster wrote:i am teh drun kand tbe drun,. wtf+ .... P?
<5Nme dream i can see tou I tell you how I fell???