Introduction Thread

Good friends. Good times. Open bar.

Moderators: Bane, shiram

shiram
Uber Nerd

Introduction Thread

Post by shiram »

Well here you are, a fresh face amongst us. Here is your chance to introduce yourself, dont be shy or nervous, we're not that bad of a bunch.
So tell us a bit about yourself, and enjoy the forums!.
Last edited by shiram on Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Genie
Jedi

Post by Genie »

I r the Icon, Genie. Original Name was Genocide7, shortened up to Geno and later Genie by me mates elsewhere in the E-world. Brought all of it over to the original gamers @ D2 and Diabloii.net where I met most of these nubs doin pvp with throwers and barb-like. Best known in D2 as playing my Ranger Pally. When D2x died off and we all started to move on, most of us tried Star Wars: Galaxies. I hooked up with Crow & Co. in Stonecutters about a month after picking the title up and went straight to work on building a droid engineer which we all know and love. When Droids got boring, I picked up Weapons and made some of the Pre-CU's best imo (Remeber that killer Jawa? 7M for that sumbitch) In my strive to make the best weapons, I finally dropped my droids and went all out to find my shit and picked up Rifleman. THAT led to my imfamous romp in the Death Watch Bunker. Im glad the rest of the guild got out without dying, cause I sure as hell didnt. Strafe2 was not such a hot idea, specially with it in my toolbar and having a spam macro. I was killer with that rifle when I learned how to use it. I outdamaged in Health with Strafe 2 against 2 Canyon Krayts then 2 Tank Swordsman swinging hammers. THAT WAS FUCKING SWEET! :D

*ahem* CU came out, I sorta moved away from crafting and became full template guns. We merged with Legion of Gnort (LoG) and brought new faces. The CU was where me and Keim rocked Hendola, my favorite pvp battle. CU Left and I picked up Jedi for free (/frown) and have been one ever since. With the NGE most of Stone left and some have slowly trickled back to SWG.

I also joined up with Foam and Koric on D2L and we're at current date.

shiram
Uber Nerd

Post by shiram »

wow, that was so centered on swg!
ahum anyways, i guess i could introduce myself as well
i met this bunch at the same place the old ones met wich is diabloii.net, iirc, and what brought us togethere was diablo2
i wasnt so much into it as the others, but i loved playing in hcpurity and we had some cool gaming time there and then
afterwards i jumped into utopia online, wich was fine, but the game got out of hand way too fast
made a brief appearance in swg, and left when it got boring
and i pretty much stopped gaming on puters

im 24, studied in electronics, working for a big media company
passionate about music, friends and the lighter stuff in life
people say i always look like im pissed, but im an easy going kinda guy
and im the moderator of this here forum, so behave!
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

RoamingMadness
Uber Nerd

Post by RoamingMadness »

Genie wrote:I r the Icon, Genie. Original Name was Genocide7, shortened up to Geno and later Genie by me mates elsewhere in the E-world. Brought all of it over to the original gamers @ D2 and Diabloii.net where I met most of these nubs doin pvp with throwers and barb-like. Best known in D2 as playing my Ranger Pally. When D2x died off and we all started to move on, most of us tried Star Wars: Galaxies. I hooked up with Crow & Co. in Stonecutters about a month after picking the title up and went straight to work on building a droid engineer which we all know and love. When Droids got boring, I picked up Weapons and made some of the Pre-CU's best imo (Remeber that killer Jawa? 7M for that sumbitch) In my strive to make the best weapons, I finally dropped my droids and went all out to find my shit and picked up Rifleman. THAT led to my imfamous romp in the Death Watch Bunker. Im glad the rest of the guild got out without dying, cause I sure as hell didnt. Strafe2 was not such a hot idea, specially with it in my toolbar and having a spam macro. I was killer with that rifle when I learned how to use it. I outdamaged in Health with Strafe 2 against 2
Canyon Krayts then 2 Tank Swordsman swinging hammers. THAT WAS FUCKING SWEET! :D

*ahem* CU came out, I sorta moved away from crafting and became full template guns. We merged with Legion of Gnort (LoG) and brought new faces. The CU was where me and Keim rocked Hendola, my favorite pvp battle. CU Left and I picked up Jedi for free (/frown) and have been one ever since. With the NGE most of Stone left and some have slowly trickled back to SWG.

I also joined up with Foam and Koric on D2L and we're at current date.
Don't you have a wife? I just thought id point that out.
You may say that I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one

There probably isn't any meaning in life. Perhaps you can find something interesting to do while you are alive. Like how you found that flower. Like how I found you.

Buttons aren't toys.

RoboTurtle
Babajong

Post by RoboTurtle »

I'm RoboTurtle. The name originates from my surname Carabott-Tortell, it didn't take long for my friends to come up with something from it.

My real name is Arthur, some people call me Art. I live in Brighton, England, but I'm originally from London.
I'm a musician first and foremost, currently employed as a sound engineer at a venue. Going to be studying Music Informatics next year at University, which is a joint degree of Music (yay) and computing/programming (werp? Never done any of this before, but it takes it from the ground up). Which is a course about the integration of computers into the creative process of music, NOT just as a replacement for current music equipment (recording gear, instruments).
I play the guitar. The music I'm into is a LOOONG list, but the shortlist of 'my guys' would be:
Frank Zappa, Jeff Buckley, Squarepusher, Mattias "IA" Eklundh, John Mclaughlin, Django Reinhardt, Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan, DJ Shadow, Queen, Oasis.
So most stuff, with a bias towards rock and the different and unique.

I met these guys through D2, specifically thanks to Zoso. He played on Europe, why I don't know.... I was a Barb player and owned that nub Darius :roll:
I invented the RoboWeapon (google it, yeah I'm famous baby).

I don't really game a lot anymore, too much music to be doing. I was into Q3 for a bit, but I REALLY owned Draziur on that so I gave up.
I tend to play games after everyone else, e.g:
Halo, Doom3, FFX. I was going to get Quake4, but my video card isn't up to it (wtf Geforce 5200....).
I'm still debating whether or not I'll bother getting a PS3, the likelyhood is that I won't.

Oh yeah, I use Macs. Macs rule.

Darius
Padawan

Post by Darius »

My real name is Dariusz Stachera, friends call me Darek or Dario. I'm 29, manager in a bank HQ, economist, specialized in banking and corporate finance, plus project management. Sounds thrilling, eh? ;)

I'm engaged, soon to be married. My girlfriend's name is Monika, and she's a cute petite blonde working as real estate saleswoman. Kids are not underway yet, but planned for sure. New apartment is coming 2008 though.

I used to be a professional table tennis player. I love sports both actively and in front of my TV - basketball, soccer, table tennis, volleyball, snooker (TV only), ice hockey & ski jumping (same :P) and more...

I also love good music. I'm quite open in terms of genres but when I'm listening in privacy, I'm a dedicated metalhead. Black, death, doom, viking, folk - you name it, I like it ;)

I'm a fan of fantasy literature, good movies and RPGs (both CRPG and pen & paper, currently Dungeon Master in D&D 3.5 Forgotten Realms world).

As for computers, I'm a hardware and game freak. You can safely bet I always have the newest video card, regardless of price ;) I like games of many genres, from sports, over FPS, action, strategies to RPGs, adventures and driving games. The most important online games in my past were Diablo 2 where I met pretty much all the friends here (and was considered a decent barbarian player, based on my popular PvP guide, USWest and Europe chars and dii.net forum activity :P), and Quake 3 where I was a passionate ProMode player in the world's best CPMA clan, dioxide (and best PL clan in general). Enough bragging ;)

Now, I play WoW as a rather undergeared, casual player on one of EU PvP servers. However, my character Geralt (named after the witcher from A. Sapkowski's fantasy novels - look here, the game is coming soon: http://www.thewitcher.com) has just managed to grind his epic blacksmithing weapon and epic flying mount, oh yeah!

BTW, ChoboNoob's wannabe-barb was pwned by my BvBer when I used a toothpick instead of my ethereal fury or cruel colossus :P As for Q3, let's just say that in my mercy, I won't post the duel end score :lol:
w w w . t h e w i t c h e r . c o m

Shaz
Babajong

Post by Shaz »

Hey dudes - been a while!
Shaz here - shortened from the original Shabot_Kablooey that I went by on D2 and Dii.net.

Start with real life I guess. I'm a doctor - chiropractor specifically, and have been married for nearly 10 years with 3 boys to show for it. Living and practicing in Edmonton, Alberta (Canada) since graduating from chiro college in October of 2006.

Met all these useless twits in D2 where I was the perennially under-equipped and odd-build player. I did a lot of work into building my singing barb and was one of the original few on the USWest server. Also played a light-speed barb who was all about the IAS and FRW back in the day - one of my favorite lag-machines to play with dual lightsabres, frenzy and double-swing going mach 3 all over the screen. Also played a lot of sorcs - build a pretty solid PvP/PvM hydra-Orb sorc before there were any on the server.

I was one of the founding members on this site and have been away for a couple of years lately.
"Environmentalism as a metaphysical ideology and as a worldview has absolutely nothing to do with natural sciences or with the climate."