First post of 2013..

Good friends. Good times. Open bar.

Moderators: Bane, shiram

Bane
Uber Nerd

First post of 2013..

Post by Bane »

Haven't been online for ages due to insane workload and moving to a new apartment (again.. second time in a year), but apperently I'm not the only one, heh..

Posting this to see if anyone of the old nerds is still alive and kicking. Hope ya'll doing well and that your lives are great. I see some of you on facebook every now and then, all grown up with families, kids and everything that follows (which pretty much always means, less time in front of the computer, hehe.. ).

Work's been a real hell this last six months. I've been promoted to team leader for a project within my company to switch to SAP and we went live with that project last monday, so it's been a busy week, to say the least, heh.. Now I'm gonna spend this friday at home, alone just drinking wine and sitting in front of the computer wasting some hours. Havenät even plugged in my comp to the net 'til now in the new apartment and we moved in over two months ago, hehe.. is that a sign of maturity, or what? :P At least it's prolly a sign of an end of an era and a change of priorities.

Anyways, hope to see some of you guys still browsing this place.

Cheers,
/Bane
Drunkenmaster wrote:i am teh drun kand tbe drun,. wtf+ .... P?
<5Nme dream i can see tou I tell you how I fell???

RoamingMadness
Uber Nerd

Re: First post of 2013..

Post by RoamingMadness »

Lurker mode. I'll post more later, but I've had food poisoning the past few days. Bad. Times.
You may say that I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one

There probably isn't any meaning in life. Perhaps you can find something interesting to do while you are alive. Like how you found that flower. Like how I found you.

Buttons aren't toys.

Bane
Uber Nerd

Post by Bane »

Yikes, yeah if ya had food poisoning i understand you've had better days, heh.. Glad to see at least one of you here. I kinda figured it would prolly be you or shir (if anyone) who would answer to this thread.

RoamingMadness
Uber Nerd

Post by RoamingMadness »

Well despite Kadian's absence he still renewed the site in November. I think everyone becoming father's certainly put a slowroll on this place (and congrats to everyone for not being a shitty Dad, glad you're all involved in family and not trolling the interwebs like we all use to).

Perhaps we should reshape the forums for easier use (like just a lounge and gaming board). Or even plan for a move next year to FB, twiter or something (which for me is saying a lot, considering i dont have a facebook).

I know exactly what you mean in terms of priorities Bane, life got busy fast. Hope you're all doing well.

Edit: Also, I'm considering naming my penis "The Root of all Evil"
But I'm not the only one

There probably isn't any meaning in life. Perhaps you can find something interesting to do while you are alive. Like how you found that flower. Like how I found you.

Buttons aren't toys.

shiram
Uber Nerd

Post by shiram »

I still exist! :evil:
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Bane
Uber Nerd

Post by Bane »

shiram wrote:I still exist! :evil:
Yupp, and just as I imagined it was you and Roam who answered.

RoamingMadness wrote:I know exactly what you mean in terms of priorities Bane, life got busy fast. Hope you're all doing well.
I'am doing well, at least proffesionally. Been working my ass off this last year and have actually started something of a "career". Unfortunately my GF have a really shitty year when it comes to work and ahs ended up at bad places and/or with crappy short-term consultant assignements. This ofc has taken a toll at the relationship and I think she's considering moving back home (which is far, far north from where we live now). To be honest, i don't even know that I would follow her for love.. She thinks she has sacrified everything for me and that I don't do the same for her. Maybe she's right, I don't want to leave my home town and move ~500 miles up north.

We've ridden out these kind of storms in the past, but I just don't know how much more of her melodrama I can take. I swore to myself after my last relationship that I would never end up in a relationship which had no ups and downs, just mellow middle ground. During me and my ex's five year long relationship we never fought, never argued, never threw things at each other nor did we have those sensational ups where you reach the heighs of love which are so rare but where it seems it's impossible to become any happier. My current realtionship holds all of these features (which was one of he reasons I fell in love with this girl..), however, with time the latter ones (the positive moments) are growing more scarce and the former (arguing, yelling, shouting, fighting) are growing more and more common. In any given week, we have two good days, three bad ones, and two boring ones.. :-/

So right now, this particular sunday, I'm sitting at home with a golden opportunity to choose from 4 different jobs which I can get after he project I'm in is over but I can't talk to my GF about it sine she's downsairs sulking because I didn't had much contact with her yesterday when I was out with friends and my cell phone had practically zero battery. Apperently I had promised to give her a call, got drunk and forgot as usual. SHe does the same thing, but for some reason, it's worse when I'm the one doing it :roll:

We've even discussed children of course. She's 33 and I'm turning 32 in a week, so time is of the essence. She don't want to have, or even consider kids, before she has a good job and a secured future. This I can understand ofc, but I want to be able to talk to her about kids without her getting sad, angry or both because her work situation is so fucked up.

OK, apparently I needed to ventilate, heh.. growing old and more focused on work has brought many things, some of them not so pleasant: I have pretty much no "real" friends left. Sure, I have mates to drink beer with, play FIFA with or go to a movie with, but none of them are like "bro's". I miss that kind of friendship I had when I was younger, when some mates were such a huge part of your life that it was impossible to imagine life without them, not a single week passed without seeing them.

Been drinking to much as well. Stopped drunk posting in here though, heh.. But I see the signals. I've reached the point where I'm close to making up exscuses just to get a reason to drink.

OK update. Just when I was writing this, GF came up and we've talked for like two-three hours at least. Goddamn, scratch the above. I fucking love her and we're gonna make it. Funny how things work out, heh.. just as I was writing and ranting about possibly ending this, we talk for hours and worked things out again.

Long post. Lub you guys. Over and out.

Kadian
Jedi

Post by Kadian »

Yeah I'm still here too, I usually stop in once a month or so to see if anyone is posting (sometimes every two or three months if I'm really busy). I'm definitely one of those with the growing family and career, so I have zero time for gaming and stuff.
Anyway, this place would have to be totally dead for years for me to decide not to renew it, so don't worry. I'm using the web hosting account for a few other websites, and it only costs a few buck a year, so I'll keep it going.
Oh, and I'm glad to hear you patched things up with the woman (at least for now, right? :D )

Bane
Uber Nerd

Post by Bane »

Even though I'm rarely here and there's not many posts per year, I would cry if this place went down for good, heh.. :) So kudos to you Kad for paying the bucks to have this place afloat.

I used to be poor as a church rat back in the day, but if you want the costs to be shared, I'd gladly chip in now that I've finally got a reasonable paycheck.

And yeah, we patched it up.. again :P Today, though, she's ovulating and is in a piossy mood, haha.. I hid up in the office and have been writing an application for a work for the last couple of hours. At least that's whatI told her :P Mature behaviour, 'innit?

Hylandor
Padawan

Post by Hylandor »

Still checking often. 1 of 6 bookmarks :)

Work consumes most of my time. Trying to get proficient with SQL and dive into VB.NET so need to teach myself after hours

Just picked up SC again to play with my Bro. Still tinkering on Diablo with a Hardcore Paragon 68 Monk

Styrofoam
Nerd

Post by Styrofoam »

I am also alive. Working on buying a house. I Come in and lurk every so often. Glad to see everyone is alive and kicking. for now.
im so disciplined i fold my pocket kings 1 out of every 3 times i get them

shiram
Uber Nerd

Post by shiram »

What an omnious "for now" that was....

Crow
Jedi

Post by Crow »

wut?
"I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to do so because some people out there in our nation don't have maps and I believe that our education like such as in South Africa and the Iraq and everywhere like such as and I believe that they should our education over here in the U.S. should help the U.S. or should help South Africa and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries so we will be able to build up our future for us."

Friends don't let friends educate their children in South Carolina

shiram
Uber Nerd

Post by shiram »

Styro's post : Everyone is alive and kicking. For now.

The "for now" part sounds like a bad omen, like Styro knows something bad is going to happen.

Crow
Jedi

Post by Crow »

Its my giant avatar.
"I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to do so because some people out there in our nation don't have maps and I believe that our education like such as in South Africa and the Iraq and everywhere like such as and I believe that they should our education over here in the U.S. should help the U.S. or should help South Africa and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries so we will be able to build up our future for us."

shiram
Uber Nerd

Post by shiram »

dat polygon

Crow
Jedi

Post by Crow »

RoamingMadness
Uber Nerd

Post by RoamingMadness »

dat porygon

But I'm not the only one

Buttons aren't toys.

StormCrow
Jedi

Post by StormCrow »

this is the first time I checked back in since I quit d3, coincidentally cause I picked it back up.

Game is super nerfed in inferno, logged back in bought about 150k worth of gear for my barb, 1 shot inferno diablo with no close calls.

Stormshield was like 20k? not sure what happened to that kind of stuff.

I got a new jurb in october working for Dell getting paid some decent money here in nashville.

Thinking about studying for the MCSA cert from microsoft so I can get a system admin type job instead of phone support, but atleast it pays well.

Besides that, move into a new apt in February which is nice, and being lazy mostly.

between june through october of last year I dropped 60lbs as well.

trying to get back in shape, just haven't had the time or patience to game too much.

Well if anyone is interested in playing some d3 again it looks like theres a pvp dueling option atleast now.
still seems pretty shitty though, blizzard dropped the ball pretty good.

Bane
Uber Nerd

Post by Bane »

Hey Styro, glad too hear you're doing well.

I too picked up Diablo again recently and was also astounded by how cheap and nerfed inferno was. I was too poor to manage inferno last I played, now my witch doctor browsed through with less than 500k items, and he could have don it with less expensive items even. Everything is cheap even though the best stuff is on RMAH and not the GAH.

Leveling my first char, my old barb which I discontinued due to the insane gold it took to get decent items for him a year ago, again. Doing the WW/Sprint combo and have way more dmg/res/vita in Hell than my first char (DH) had in inferno, heh.. It's kinda fun in a way, you can casually play which suits me fine.

Also installed BG1 EE and played some. It's a pretty good new edition, so planning on playing through the sage 'cause I can't imagine them not releasing a BG2EE after the decent success they had with BG1EE.

Cheers,

Bane
Uber Nerd

Post by Bane »

Just checking if anyone is still here. Six months has passed w/o a single post.