What's up nerds!

Good friends. Good times. Open bar.

Moderators: Bane, shiram

phreek
Cannon Fodder

What's up nerds!

Post by phreek »

I guess this is another 6-12 month update on the Phreek phront!! How are all you guys doing? Glad to see I can still google the nerd lounge and find the site, no matter how many new hard drives I go through.

Life is good here! Daughter is 4.5, and my son will be 2 in Sept. My 5 year anniversary with the wife was on Friday, and tomorrow we leave for VEGAS! WOOT! Never been there, very very excited.

Real pumped for Diablo 3 - barb anyone?! :) WOW is finally winding down for me, like first break I've taken in 7 years. Anyway, glad to see ya again.

How's everyone else?

Bane
Uber Nerd

Re: What's up nerds!

Post by Bane »

Hehe, welcome back. One post, then gone again? ;) Glad to hear you're doing good! I hope more old nerds will google us once the game hit the shelves. Or we just have to find their account names and force them back, hehe.. if they play of course.

Doing really good, both in my private life and proffesionally. I have a great job, account payables responsible in a major logistical company. Though with a massive workload and multiple postition, both AP-responsible, group leader and soon to be appointed 50% in a major internal project, a can still do whatever I want, when I want and plan my work week as I see fit. That freedom is precious and makes it all worthwhile. Still a little underpaid though, but I'm working on it, hehe.. Changed my proffessional direction from "controlling" to management, so aiming for a department manager position in the future.

Personally me and my gal have finally found a biggger apartment, we've been living in my old "bachelor pad" for a year now, so that's fricking awesome. The small apartment really put alot of friction into the relationship (one room and only 37 square meters ^^) and we've nearly broken up a couple of times, but made it through and though it may sound weird, we've actually been starting to warm up to the idea of getting kids together. I'm 30 now and she's 32, so maybe in a year or so, hehe.. we'll see.

Psyked about D3 of course, and yes, I'm gonna go barb :P Like the idea of going wizard, doctor or even hunter as first char though as they all seem less item dependent, but we'll see. Sucky as always that I'm on another realm, but internet is alot faster nowadays so I might just, if possible, be able to have an account on an US-server.

Cheers,
Drunkenmaster wrote:i am teh drun kand tbe drun,. wtf+ .... P?
<5Nme dream i can see tou I tell you how I fell???

phreek
Cannon Fodder

Post by phreek »

Haha, probably another random solo and dip back to RL. WELL, will try to swing by more often. :)

Any of you guys heard of firefall? One of my oldest friends from middle school is one of the lead designers on it, and I got in the friends and family beta. They did their very first test on Tuesday night, and it was SO SICK. Oh my god.

If you haven't heard of the game or checked it out, goto www.firefallthegame.com

Do it!

Bane
Uber Nerd

Post by Bane »

The firefall logo is quite similar to the starcraft font, is it not? :) I liked the Alien 2 hint in the cinematic trailer, "turret 1 and 3 is down".

The game looks really cool. Like the cell-shading graphics (borderline). I don't understand the story at all but it seems like it's some kind of PvE, co-op playstyle? Watched one gameplay trailer and the cinematic one.

Heh, another funny thing was the reference to the old "mech suit" called "Holmgong" or something like it. It's actually an old swedish word meaning roughly "duel" which have been "americanized" :)

Cheers

phreek
Cannon Fodder

Post by phreek »

Look at this, a reply in under a year! Well look at me, woo!

Vegas was tight, job still sucks, kids still pwn, still love my wife! Been playing SWTOR, pretty cool game. Really just passing time until D3. Still.

Yes, Firefall's log does kind of look like the Starcraft logo. Considering Red 5 is made up of ex-Blizz employees and some of the biggest names in the industry, I wouldn't be surprised. Hehe.. it's crazy team based PVP/PVE combat. Best way to put it is Halo and WoW had a baby.. and gave it steroids. Plus it's going to be free.

Anyway, glad... 2 of you are doing good. ;)

phreek
Cannon Fodder

Post by phreek »

Look at this, a reply in under a year! Well look at me, woo!

Vegas was tight, job still sucks, kids still pwn, still love my wife! Been playing SWTOR, pretty cool game. Really just passing time until D3. Still.

Yes, Firefall's log does kind of look like the Starcraft logo. Considering Red 5 is made up of ex-Blizz employees and some of the biggest names in the industry, I wouldn't be surprised. Hehe.. it's crazy team based PVP/PVE combat. Best way to put it is Halo and WoW had a baby.. and gave it steroids. Plus it's going to be free.

Anyway, glad... 2 of you are doing good. ;) Also, Orson Scott Card is helping write the story, so...

Bane
Uber Nerd

Post by Bane »

phreek wrote: Anyway, glad... 2 of you are doing good. ;) Also, Orson Scott Card is helping write the story, so...
2 of us? It was me answering twice! ;) Hehe..

Yeah, don't expect many answers when posting in here. The Lounge have been close to dead for the last three years or so really. I still cling on to the hope that it'll rise like phoneix from the ashes when D3 is released, but unfortunately I doubt it'll be that way, heh.. :)

shiram
Uber Nerd

Post by shiram »

Heh I'm even starting to have doubts about the awesomeness of D3 now.
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Styrofoam
Nerd

Post by Styrofoam »

Well, I'm still around. Still married. Still playing WoW. Just got my 5th 85, a warrior.. ugh.
im so disciplined i fold my pocket kings 1 out of every 3 times i get them

Mikeyrat
Jedi

Post by Mikeyrat »

Still in Florida married to the best woman in the world... We both still play WoW, though she got into D3 beta and I didnt.. :( anyway, I have 10 85s now on Scilla, one of each class. Most are twilight equipped so about to go idle for a bit in WoW I reckon to play D3. Blank (Tibs on WoW) is looking forward to D3, too and I'll remind him to check in.

Ya'll take care!

Mikeyrat

StormCrow
Jedi

Post by StormCrow »

what up, d3 is pretty fun played every class to 13 so far, definitely buying it, got my CE preordered and annual pass so i'm going to be in there.

Bane
Uber Nerd

Post by Bane »

Hah, what the hell - Mikey steps into the frey once again! :D Good to see ya, mate.

StormCrow
Jedi

Post by StormCrow »

still owes me 1k gold too, he can make it up to me in d3 :)

Mikeyrat
Jedi

Post by Mikeyrat »

StormCrow wrote:still owes me 1k gold too, he can make it up to me in d3 :)
Ya! I'll pay you back in D3 gold! Only takes about 10 mins lol...

Of course, it only takes about 20 mins to get 1k in WoW now, too... But anyway, if you come back to WoW, I can get some from the wife to pay you back. She has 375k total on all her characters...
Old Man.

Styrofoam
Nerd

Post by Styrofoam »

Mikey: What is your REALID? I will add you for D3 and WoW. mine is Thuckeby@gmail.com anyone who reads this go ahead and add meh.
im so disciplined i fold my pocket kings 1 out of every 3 times i get them

Mikeyrat
Jedi

Post by Mikeyrat »

mikeyratf@yahoo.com

my battletag escapes me but its in the diablo forum in the waffle house
Old Man.

StormCrow
Jedi

Post by StormCrow »

i was just messing with ya, i got like 50k on wow anyways, i seem to amass it when i log back in for a week and level a new guy to 85 in like 10 hours, shit is so easy now =/

Mikeyrat
Jedi

Post by Mikeyrat »

I know lol... Actually the wife has almost 400k on Scilla. She never hardly spends a coin, but is real good at making it!
Old Man.