Well that did not last long.

Time to DIE! DIE!
shiram
Uber Nerd

Well that did not last long.

Post by shiram »

Too bad about the game being only a shadow of what it's predecessor was, and I thought this game might have been the thing to rekindle the fires of this place.
All the MMO tropes, but with only 4 player coop was a horrible idea.
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

RoamingMadness
Uber Nerd

Re: Well that did not last long.

Post by RoamingMadness »

I'm enjoying it, little by little.
You may say that I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one

There probably isn't any meaning in life. Perhaps you can find something interesting to do while you are alive. Like how you found that flower. Like how I found you.

Buttons aren't toys.

Hylandor
Padawan

Post by Hylandor »

The recent patch improved many things

Crow
Jedi

Post by Crow »

no pvp, smaller parties, no levelling groups, auction house instead of trade spam and no clans or guilds.

Five things that killed it for me. I still like the game but have no free time to invest in it.
"I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to do so because some people out there in our nation don't have maps and I believe that our education like such as in South Africa and the Iraq and everywhere like such as and I believe that they should our education over here in the U.S. should help the U.S. or should help South Africa and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries so we will be able to build up our future for us."

Friends don't let friends educate their children in South Carolina

Hylandor
Padawan

Post by Hylandor »

Flint killed Diablo in Inferno Hardcore, then died two days later :shock:

Bane
Uber Nerd

Post by Bane »

Hylandor wrote:Flint killed Diablo in Inferno Hardcore, then died two days later :shock:
Damn, that sucks :( Good thing it wasn't two days before he killed el Dib in inferno though!

Still playing it, but I'm only at lvl 56 on my second char still, so I'm far from end-game. Haven't really hit the cap where it all starts to become repetitive and the flaws become more apparant. So far, I'm still having fun but I VERY MUCH miss the open games list! It's quite rare that I can actually paly with other players, and that's by far the worst thing about this game IMHO.

Call me old school or conservative, but I have never tried, nor never will, the RMAH. I think the AH is better than the old DII trade spam, but I've read it's hard to find decent offers post 1.04 due to something called "controlled drops"? Don't even know what that is, heh.. I invest very little time in reading info, just gaining new info whenever I have to/as I go along.

PLaying the DH now and having fun with her. Played the baba before but thought he was so weak (this was pre 1.03, noone used WW-barbs back then). I will prolly pick that baba up again whenever (if ever) I can afford to buy hims some decent gear for hell act2 and onwards.
Drunkenmaster wrote:i am teh drun kand tbe drun,. wtf+ .... P?
<5Nme dream i can see tou I tell you how I fell???

RoamingMadness
Uber Nerd

Post by RoamingMadness »

The lack of PvP is really what's killing me for the game.

I don't care what they do to the game, RMAH, improved inferno, dick sucking treasure goblins and whatever else. It's all pointless if all i can do with my loot is sell it, or use it to get more loot. At least with d2 style pvp we could do SOMETHING. All the hype for the arena is bullshit if the arena isn't active.
But I'm not the only one

There probably isn't any meaning in life. Perhaps you can find something interesting to do while you are alive. Like how you found that flower. Like how I found you.

Buttons aren't toys.

shiram
Uber Nerd

Post by shiram »

I just don't think I'll be playing again actually, to me the game stinks of mmo tropes, but then is limited to only 4 per game, and the matchmaking thing is just bad.
I tried Dungeon Sieges 3 in the hopes of satiating my hack/slash/loot needs, but it's very bland game.
20th of september will see Torchlight 2 and I'm hoping it's fun.

Crow
Jedi

Post by Crow »

Bill Roper and crew knew how to make a game, torchlight was basically diablo at its core.
"I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to do so because some people out there in our nation don't have maps and I believe that our education like such as in South Africa and the Iraq and everywhere like such as and I believe that they should our education over here in the U.S. should help the U.S. or should help South Africa and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries so we will be able to build up our future for us."

Friends don't let friends educate their children in South Carolina

shiram
Uber Nerd

Post by shiram »

I did not really care for their artwork and graphics style, but the gameplay mechanics were solid and I felt the desire to grind on in Torchlight, in D3 it feels like going against the grain to plateau in mediocrity at lvl 60, because I just did not feel like grinding endlessly.

RoamingMadness
Uber Nerd

Post by RoamingMadness »

The endless grind for MF is one of the dumbest things I've seen. It just rewards people who grind.. by giving them even more loot. It's like someone said. "You know d2 was really complicated, you had stats and stat requirements on the items. I think we made the game more fun by removing them. I bet we could make the game even more fun if we removed leveling too. Is there a way to remove item choices? You know how much people hate choices."

God forbid someone need to choose MF gear vs DPS gear.

Not to mention, the longer the game goes the more screwed the economy will get. It's already impossible for me to keep up with 80 million gold worth of 'mediocre' gear. Once the game really gets going 1500+ DPS one handers will be common at 60, and 800+ one handers will be common around 45. So somewhere at level 40 my dps goes up x8?!?!?. That's a well designed system.

Yet... i was under the impression thats the EXACT reason why in d2 they added item level requirements. So items like bonesnap couldnt be used for power leveling. I found my first and only legendary right before i 'quit' d3. A level sixty 240DPS sword. What the fuck am i suppose to do with that? It would be great for my... oh wait i have a 1000dps staff i can use 15 levels earlier. Thanks blizzard.

Overall.. I hate to say it, but between WoW, SC2, and D3... blizzard has lost my faith. As a casual pvp gamer I feel extraordinarily left out.
But I'm not the only one

Buttons aren't toys.

Hylandor
Padawan

Post by Hylandor »

Finally decided to give Act 3 and Act 4 a run. Hardcore Inferno complete!

What to do... what to do

RoamingMadness
Uber Nerd

Post by RoamingMadness »

Hylandor wrote:Finally decided to give Act 3 and Act 4 a run. Hardcore Inferno complete!

What to do... what to do

Torch the place and collect the insurance.
But I'm not the only one

Buttons aren't toys.