Diablo 3

Time to DIE! DIE!
flint
Jedi

Diablo 3

Post by flint »

http://www.blizzard.com/diablo3/?rhtml=y

This deserves its own thread. There's a trailer showing a barbarian hacking up some mobs and some info on two classes, barbarian and witch doctor (seems to have replaced necromancer).
if youre gonna be dumb you gotta be tough
shiram wrote:heh seeing as how the only other members we've seen in bathing suit are, iirc, Lisa, and mac...

so yea

Hylandor
Padawan

Post by Hylandor »

So stoked

Seems they are using the same item generation and looting system, Dynamic stats and ffa

Who wants to attend Blizzcon in October with me?

flint
Jedi

Post by flint »

haha they put the Chat Gem on the official site
shiram wrote:heh seeing as how the only other members we've seen in bathing suit are, iirc, Lisa, and mac...

so yea

Bane
Uber Nerd

Post by Bane »

Pic number 17 shows a new version of the old bone wall it seems, haha :D

I wonder if the classes will be available both as male and female in this game? The woman shown in at least two pictures could be either a female barb or a melee amazon? I'm guessing a barb woman though.

Where do you get info about classes and such? It seems the main page is EXTREMELY slow to load, it must be experienceing a massive amount of ppl all accessing it at the same time, cause I can only see tha background with tyrael and a couple of empty black boxes..
Drunkenmaster wrote:i am teh drun kand tbe drun,. wtf+ .... P?
<5Nme dream i can see tou I tell you how I fell???

Hylandor
Padawan

Post by Hylandor »

The wall you see is a bunch of bodies stacked upon each other flailing their arms around.

Yes, you can be both male and female for every class

There are 5 classes available.

Kadian
Jedi

Post by Kadian »

This is probably a good time to get organized for Diablo 3 for those of us who plan to play it.... I say this because I know a bunch of guys that are planning on playing it, so it would be nice to get everyone we all know on the same server..... (or at least start 1 character on the same server)

flint
Jedi

Post by flint »

yea I say we all play on the battle.net server

noob

so yea

Kadian
Jedi

Post by Kadian »

Battle.net is the name of the entire system (the server that connects you to whatever server you want to play on, there are different servers (realms as they are called) to play on, I'm sure everyone knows what I am talking about...... so noob yourself
Last edited by Kadian on Sat Jun 28, 2008 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

flint
Jedi

Post by flint »

Well I don't know. It looks like they are trying to keep as much of what made Diablo 2 successful intact as possible so I'm hoping they still use battle.net as a chat room/ game finder and then players host their own games. They did say that you play on battle.net, and they said that you can join your friends anytime, both of which are exactly like Diablo 2. However, they also said there would be massive cooperative battles, which is unlike Diablo 2.

so yea

Kadian
Jedi

Post by Kadian »

Well, whatever, what I meant was do we want to play on Asia, Europe, U.S. West, or U.S. East? They are the Gateway servers that (if I remember correctly) you pick before you set up a game.... and when you set up a character I'm not sure but I think you can only play it on 1 of those "gateway servers".... Someone tell me if that's wrong...it's been a while since I played Diablo 2....

flint
Jedi

Post by flint »

no thats correct

so yea

Skitril
ultranoob

Post by Skitril »

fuck yeaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Damn happy, damn about time.

I was watching the live stream cut in and out but when they put the barb on it magically was uninterrupted, so fucking awesome

But it'll be awhile before we see anything ....

Wow 2nd xpack this year
Starcraft 2 prolly next year
Diablo 3 in 2010?

BigT
ultranoob

Post by BigT »

I'm in, mainly just to piss Flint off with my ninja of items i cant use.
When you don't care about the outcome everything becomes easier.

Hylandor
Padawan

Post by Hylandor »

To this day, if you bring that topic up he will get severely pissed

flint
Jedi

Post by flint »

Im hoping theres no fucking druids for Big T to make things a million times harder with while providing no help at all

so yea

Bane
Uber Nerd

Post by Bane »

Aaah man, I had to go to yourube to see the movies since bliz on page was insanely slow. The crappy vid quality cannot lower my good mood! Man, it looks fucking sweet! The barb is a barb, cool skills and all. The with doctor look pretty cool as well.

Here's a few things I didn't like though; to much WoW-style of graphics and too little old gothic feeling :-/
Why replace the necro with a .. semi-necro? The witch doctor look alot like some kind of troll shaman from WoW, I don't dig it.
The weapons had exaggerated visual effects, the lightning, cold and fire weapons could, and should, be tuned down imho.. Diablo 1-2 never fell for that FF kind of weaponry with ridiculously large weapons and effects, but this one looks.. more like that. I don't dig that.

Other than that, it sure looks cool though, love that they seem to have tried to keep the "old" game play, with a fixed, although movable, camera angle, chest that pop ups the items, and stuff liek that.

Oh man, it's gonan be a loooong wait for this :( I almost wished they ahd anounced it later so that the actual wait would have been shorter! I'm like a kid waiting for that one christmas gift he always wanted..
Drunkenmaster wrote:i am teh drun kand tbe drun,. wtf+ .... P?
<5Nme dream i can see tou I tell you how I fell???

RoamingMadness
Uber Nerd

Post by RoamingMadness »

1. I thought about the Server issue, and where we should play. But at this point, its years away, and we have no idea how the system will be set up. We should focus on getting our group informed and together. The location itself should be held off for a while.

2. Keep in mind that D1 to D2 had no characters transfer over. So the lack of a nercomancer isn't really that big of a shock, in my mind.

Plus, necromancers had a large pvp flaw, in that they required a corpse for roughly 35% of the skills. I dont mind the change over at all, and ill probably be playing a Witch Doc first. You know why?

Even though it (wall of zombies) will more than likely suck ass. Summoning (wall of zombies) small pacts of demons, (wall of zombies) throwing some fire and (wall of zombies) poison around. Summon (wall of zombies) bugs and curses. It all just sounds freaking awesome. Oh, and did you see it? WALL OF FREAKING ZOMBIES!1!!one!

Ahem.
The weapons had exaggerated visual effects, the lightning, cold and fire weapons could, and should, be tuned down imho.. Diablo 1-2 never fell for that FF kind of weaponry with ridiculously large weapons and effects, but this one looks.. more like that. I don't dig that.
I gotta say, the effects are a little over the top, but at this point we arent sure if thats just a hammer of fire, or a fire enchantment, or a unique hammer of really badass fire, or what have you.

I was more concerned with how the full set of armor.. didnt really look like much armor, than with the showy flare of the weapons. If all weapons get some sort of flare to them, i gotta say i agree with you. I'd like a barb to at least -appear- to not be a mage.

But, overall i dont think id be too annoyed with it.

The coolest added things, are without a doubt going to be the storyline itself, and i really get the impression the pvp aspects will remain largely unchanged.

I hope everyone can say it with me.

PKPKPKPKPKPPKPK(wallofzombies)PKPKPKPKPK
You may say that I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one

There probably isn't any meaning in life. Perhaps you can find something interesting to do while you are alive. Like how you found that flower. Like how I found you.

Buttons aren't toys.

shiram
Uber Nerd

Post by shiram »

they say they have been developing it for 4 years already, so fingers crossed , and i'd make a bet for 2010

the weapon effects does look wow-ish, and thats not a fitting style for a Diablo type game with and M rating

as for server, if they keep to the old system, id say Useast?
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Kadian
Jedi

Post by Kadian »

I guess I didn't realize it would still be more than a year before it's out, so maybe it is to early to decide where we are going to play. Oh well, at least it looks like a larger group of us will play, so it will kinda bring a bunch of our group back together....... Should be fun....

Is it too early to create a Diablo 3 board... :P

flint
Jedi

Post by flint »

As long as they keep the core gameplay (fast paced combat, incredible character customization, same item system) then I don't really care if the graphics are more gothic or cartoonish. I don't even really mind the necro (my favorite class) becoming the witch doctor. I'm actually pretty stoked because it looks like the witch doctor is going to be much more active in combat than the sit and wait approach you had to take as a necro.

so yea