Diablo 3

Time to DIE! DIE!
Crow
Jedi

Post by Crow »

YOU FUCKERS BETTER PRAY I GET NO HYRDA!!!ONE11!!!1ONE!

OMG invite hack!

xxxxx was slain by dupes
xxxxx was slain by dupes
badhairday was slain by dupes
geniesweakassrangerpaladin was slain by dupes

/w *zoso reinvite me so I can come through the portal and do it again
"I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to do so because some people out there in our nation don't have maps and I believe that our education like such as in South Africa and the Iraq and everywhere like such as and I believe that they should our education over here in the U.S. should help the U.S. or should help South Africa and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries so we will be able to build up our future for us."

Friends don't let friends educate their children in South Carolina

awn44
Padawan

Post by awn44 »

oh it is so on...

shiram
Uber Nerd

Post by shiram »

this should be fun
hopefully it will retain that old battle.net feel and wont be pay to play online
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

RoamingMadness
Uber Nerd

Post by RoamingMadness »

USEast works for me, and i dont think its too early to have a d3 board, considering the fact that most of us im sure would like to be kept in the loop, and we have boards for games that.. lets be honest, no one plays.

I wonder what the other three classes will be.

Some form of a mage is pretty clear, and some form of a Ranger class. I think amazons are going to bite the dust personally.
You may say that I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one

There probably isn't any meaning in life. Perhaps you can find something interesting to do while you are alive. Like how you found that flower. Like how I found you.

Buttons aren't toys.

RoamingMadness
Uber Nerd

Post by RoamingMadness »

Is everyone else as excited as i am?

>.< lol
But I'm not the only one

There probably isn't any meaning in life. Perhaps you can find something interesting to do while you are alive. Like how you found that flower. Like how I found you.

Buttons aren't toys.

flint
Jedi

Post by flint »

I'm not really expecting "new" classes, just new names for the original classes we had in Diablo 2 with a little bit of tweaking. I think we will see a form of paladin, sorceress, and amazon but any of their names could change. I definitely think amazon will have a name change because now you can choose to be male or female for every class so maybe ranger will be the next step in the evolution of the archer class. Necromancer would have been the class that I guess would be completely replaced but since the spirit of the necro is alive in the witch doctor I would peg the paladin as the next to get cut. I would also guess any class that gets cut makes the game as an NPC or a mercenary.
if youre gonna be dumb you gotta be tough
shiram wrote:heh seeing as how the only other members we've seen in bathing suit are, iirc, Lisa, and mac...

so yea

RoamingMadness
Uber Nerd

Post by RoamingMadness »

flint wrote:I'm not really expecting "new" classes, just new names for the original classes we had in Diablo 2 with a little bit of tweaking. I think we will see a form of paladin, sorceress, and amazon but any of their names could change. I definitely think amazon will have a name change because now you can choose to be male or female for every class so maybe ranger will be the next step in the evolution of the archer class. Necromancer would have been the class that I guess would be completely replaced but since the spirit of the necro is alive in the witch doctor I would peg the paladin as the next to get cut. I would also guess any class that gets cut makes the game as an NPC or a mercenary.
Id say you pretty much hit the nail on the head.
But I'm not the only one

Buttons aren't toys.

shiram
Uber Nerd

Post by shiram »

i'd hope for something new, maybe 7 classes? i don't think that would be too much, and i know the faq says 5 right now, but that can change
but maybe that will be just be in an expansion that they will bring new classes

anyways : barbarian, witch doctor, ranger, sorcerer, zealot (pally i guess) something like that, would work

if they keep the original D2 class, and update them well, that will be good
the barb though, didnt seem to get much of an update

RoamingMadness
Uber Nerd

Post by RoamingMadness »

I hope they nerf'd all your whirlwinding bastards :P
But I'm not the only one

Buttons aren't toys.

BigT
ultranoob

Post by BigT »

flint wrote:I'm not really expecting "new" classes, just new names for the original classes we had in Diablo 2 with a little bit of tweaking. I think we will see a form of paladin, sorceress, and amazon but any of their names could change. I definitely think amazon will have a name change because now you can choose to be male or female for every class so maybe ranger will be the next step in the evolution of the archer class. Necromancer would have been the class that I guess would be completely replaced but since the spirit of the necro is alive in the witch doctor I would peg the paladin as the next to get cut. I would also guess any class that gets cut makes the game as an NPC or a mercenary.
I read and article on one of the game spot doing an interview with the devs and the dev was quick to say that the witch doctor is not the nerco, and has a different play style, and would not autmotically rule out the necro. the necro is probably still out of the game but he didnt say he wouldnt be in it, I just wouldn't assume that the witch doctor plays the same.

As far as the other classes go, we know the Barb is still there, and well, we figured that due to that you have to a ground and pound class.
I still think the majority of the classes will still be around with a few merged into one. I expect the assissian and amazon class to most likly merge, unless they plan on going all out with classes, but blizzard usually holds back on going over board with classes due to their balance policy.
When you don't care about the outcome everything becomes easier.

RoamingMadness
Uber Nerd

Post by RoamingMadness »

but blizzard usually holds back on going over board with classes due to their balance policy.
Huh? Did you play the same game as the rest of us?

Frozen orb, Whirlwind, Lightning Fury, Multishot, Guided Arrow... same game as Blessed Hammer, Every Druid Skill.. etc.. heh

The Witch doc isnt a necro, but clearly takes his place.

The only difference im seeing is they swapped corpse explosion for minion explosion.

The necro is basically a debuffer, summoner, with minor mage support. The witch doc appears to fill that role exactly.

Tank? Check
Debuffer/Summoner? Check
Ranger? Probably
Mage? Probably
Hybrid? Probably

I dont think thats too crazy of a speculation.
But I'm not the only one

Buttons aren't toys.

StormCrow
Jedi

Post by StormCrow »

fucking stoked for this shit, started playing some D2 lately and its pretty fun =/

Hylandor
Padawan

Post by Hylandor »

Might aswell start a Diablo section up!

Should be alot more active then the others, since that is how everyone met to begin with. We all have it in our blood.

I'm assuming some sort of clan/guild functionality will be built into the game. We can be dubbed "Nerds", which would fit the nerdslounge nicely.

RoamingMadness
Uber Nerd

Post by RoamingMadness »

Hylandor wrote:Might aswell start a Diablo section up!

Should be alot more active then the others, since that is how everyone met to begin with. We all have it in our blood.

I'm assuming some sort of clan/guild functionality will be built into the game. We can be dubbed "Nerds", which would fit the nerdslounge nicely.
/agree
But I'm not the only one

Buttons aren't toys.

StormCrow
Jedi

Post by StormCrow »

fuck blizzard those dirty whores.

why did they have to go and announce this game.

i won't be able to play for 1-2 years and the time is going to be utterly tormenting.

fuck fuck motherfuck.

if barbs don't get a decent set of throwing skills i will fucking knife Rob Pardo
(or harpoon him).

seriously though, i don't know how i will cope with not being able to play this game.

the gameplay videos look fantastic though, especially in the dungeon, fucking amazing.

I would name my first child fucking Diablo if it meant i could get beta access to this game.

i'm so excited i think i'm going to go take some pills and go to sleep before i overstimulate my brain.

RoamingMadness
Uber Nerd

Post by RoamingMadness »

I never thought id say this... but i agree with Stormy.
But I'm not the only one

Buttons aren't toys.

awn44
Padawan

Post by awn44 »

Ahahah PLEASE name your kid Diablo - that's awesomely....diabolic. Our clan or whatever should be the Waffle House not Nerds...

.....aaaaaand the wait begins...

shiram
Uber Nerd

Post by shiram »

waflles, nerds... nerdwaffles

no stone though

Genie
Jedi

Post by Genie »

we should get our diablo freak on and reinstall some d2x imo
The fleecy cloud may kiss the sky...the rose may kiss the butterfly...the morning dew may kiss the grass...and you, my friend, can kiss my ass!

Bane
Uber Nerd

Post by Bane »

Heh, I realzied my first post may have seemed very negative, cause in reality, I'm just as fricking excited about this game as you all seem to be!

I just hate the fact that I'm in europe and any/all beta shit will of course be in US and korea........ :(
Drunkenmaster wrote:i am teh drun kand tbe drun,. wtf+ .... P?
<5Nme dream i can see tou I tell you how I fell???