Why am I not more excited?

Time to DIE! DIE!
RoamingMadness
Uber Nerd

Why am I not more excited?

Post by RoamingMadness »

Seems like I've been waiting for this day for 10 years.. and now that it's here I'm not even preordered. I probably won't play the game at launch. The open weekend of Beta really made the game feel lackluster to me. The story felt repackaged. The action felt... different than I remembered. I didn't feel nostalgic the way I did for SC2. The game just doesn't look or feel like a 'newer' diablo game. It just feels like a new game.

And maybe it's all the cooldowns and all the pseudo mana bars.. but it that new game feels a lot like WoW. A very dumbed down, slightly faster paced WoW. Without PvP.

/rant
You may say that I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one

There probably isn't any meaning in life. Perhaps you can find something interesting to do while you are alive. Like how you found that flower. Like how I found you.

Buttons aren't toys.

shiram
Uber Nerd

Re: Why am I not more excited?

Post by shiram »

I was not excited enough to even try to get into the beta.
I think it's mostly that I've grown older, and new games just don't it as much for me anymore.
I have not played any D3 yet, or pre-ordered.
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Kadian
Jedi

Post by Kadian »

I see that Bliz is going to make a system where you can sell your items for real money rather than making it something that will get you banned... So maybe that will make you more excited? Question is which one of you will make this your new full time job?

Kadian
Jedi

Post by Kadian »

Maybe I should make that diablo 3 nerds website that we were playing with a few years back and turn our nerds into the go to place for the best possible items and information and we can all make some money on it...

Bane
Uber Nerd

Post by Bane »

Not a big fan of the idea of an auction house, but will still buy and play the game. After playing the beta my expectations actually went up a little.

Sure, the game is different as hell, cooldowns, mana-replacers, weird skill and runesystem, but to me it felt like diablo when I ran around and killed monsters with my baba. That's what's gonna make me play, the feeling. Skills, items, auction houses, runes, ability points, it's all gravy, or lack thereof.
Drunkenmaster wrote:i am teh drun kand tbe drun,. wtf+ .... P?
<5Nme dream i can see tou I tell you how I fell???

Mikeyrat
Jedi

Post by Mikeyrat »

Bane wrote:Not a big fan of the idea of an auction house, but will still buy and play the game. After playing the beta my expectations actually went up a little.

Sure, the game is different as hell, cooldowns, mana-replacers, weird skill and runesystem, but to me it felt like diablo when I ran around and killed monsters with my baba. That's what's gonna make me play, the feeling. Skills, items, auction houses, runes, ability points, it's all gravy, or lack thereof.
Installed... now we wait... I thought the beta experience was excellent fun and not only very nostalgic, but very new, too.. And it looks great! Should be a hoot for quite a while, IMO.
Old Man.

Bane
Uber Nerd

Post by Bane »

Just brought the game with me home. The relationship may have to be set on hold, but I promised my GF this weekend is for "us", and that means me and her and not me and ol'Diablo :(

Installing now. Me baba, me whirl.
Drunkenmaster wrote:i am teh drun kand tbe drun,. wtf+ .... P?
<5Nme dream i can see tou I tell you how I fell???