20 lightning
20 lightning mastery
20 fo
1 in teleport, warmth, telekinesis, teleport and the prereqs

was debating blizzard, but FO seems to work better for less investment
and ligtning and cb would be my main killers
fo for freeze and slow
and i'd get some tough merc for whatever immunes i couldnt handle
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Bane
Uber Nerd

Post by Bane »

The last time I played alot of DII, I remember making a "classic" Fireorb sorc, classic meaning it was very, very standard at the beginning of 1.10. I also remember how insanely crappy she was, and how hard it was to kill anything in hell as the number of players grew. In 8 player baal runs, i just basically stood there watching 'cause she was so weak she couldn't make a dent in the foes.

FO can be useful, it can even be made deadly in hell, but it takes alot of plus skills and jewels, which is very expensive. If you're going sorc, and it's one of your first chars, then really you should go with pure blizzard.

Maxed bliz and some crappy gear is enough to run Meph runs, and even to make a different in hell 8 player games compared to FO's very low dmg. It's frustrating to be a singular elemental dmg sorc at times, but tbh, it's really only when you play MF runs that you're alone anyways.

Good luck
Drunkenmaster wrote:i am teh drun kand tbe drun,. wtf+ .... P?
<5Nme dream i can see tou I tell you how I fell???

Crow
Jedi

Post by Crow »

orb/hyrdra blows btw. Should have went meteor or something of the sort.
"I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to do so because some people out there in our nation don't have maps and I believe that our education like such as in South Africa and the Iraq and everywhere like such as and I believe that they should our education over here in the U.S. should help the U.S. or should help South Africa and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries so we will be able to build up our future for us."

Friends don't let friends educate their children in South Carolina

shiram
Uber Nerd

Post by shiram »

well FO would be mainly to slow the enemies
and as a secondary dmg type

i guess synergies threw the whole sorc thing upside/down
maybe i'll try to look at other guides, but i dislike the idea of a single tree sorc

Crow
Jedi

Post by Crow »

Single tree will not work in hell, I'm having issues in act 1 with frozen immunes as my main damage is from FO. Hydra just plain won't keep up.
"I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to do so because some people out there in our nation don't have maps and I believe that our education like such as in South Africa and the Iraq and everywhere like such as and I believe that they should our education over here in the U.S. should help the U.S. or should help South Africa and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries so we will be able to build up our future for us."

Friends don't let friends educate their children in South Carolina

shiram
Uber Nerd

Post by shiram »

blizzard is ok, but wouldn't it need a ton of skills in synergy to equal the damage output of frozen orb??

the key is to have a decent secondary element skill that doesn't require too much skill points

and FO as a lower casting delay as well

or else i could go for full on lightning

something like
20 cb
20 ligtning
20 chain lightning
20 lightning mastery
and the extras like teleport, warmth, stattic field...