Jedi

GTA4

Post by StormCrow »

Go Buy This.

Genie
Jedi

Post by Genie »

Fuck that
Senseless violence for the sake of senseless violence, especially one whos realism can compliment actuallity is just pure retarded.

I do not condone this.

I'd rather play Hello Kitty Island Adventures
The fleecy cloud may kiss the sky...the rose may kiss the butterfly...the morning dew may kiss the grass...and you, my friend, can kiss my ass!

shiram
Uber Nerd

Post by shiram »

most action game can be perceived as senseless violence, it just depend from where you look at it, and on what you like to focus

that being said, i'll probably make a detour after work to see if i can pick it up
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Crow
Jedi

Post by Crow »

Rock star games talks about violence in their games at E3, pretty interesting to see their take on it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBGIQ7ZuuiU
"I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to do so because some people out there in our nation don't have maps and I believe that our education like such as in South Africa and the Iraq and everywhere like such as and I believe that they should our education over here in the U.S. should help the U.S. or should help South Africa and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries so we will be able to build up our future for us."

Friends don't let friends educate their children in South Carolina

StormCrow
Jedi

Post by StormCrow »

Genie wrote:Fuck that
Senseless violence for the sake of senseless violence, especially one whos realism can compliment actuallity is just pure retarded.

I do not condone this.

I'd rather play Hello Kitty Island Adventures
Did you even try it? its only senseless if thats how you play it.

well i guess most of the missions involve violence, but i remember playing a lot of D2 and it had plenty of "senseless" violence.

try driving headfirst into a brick wall, you will fly through the windshield and your head leaves a bloody print on the wall.

very awesome, i don't care how much you hate violence

Bane
Uber Nerd

Post by Bane »

Never been a big fan of the GTA games, except the first two which I played quite alot back in teh day.

I gotta admit though, the game looks amazing, heh.. But as always, my crappy computer could not even start the game.

I will start working on monday though, so FINALLY I'm gonna buy myself a new rig, heh.. Man I've got like 4 years of games to play through! :D

And about the senseless violence, as said above, you often don't have to go around killing innocents in teh game, it's a chioce you can do but just as in realy life you cfan also choose not to. I understand alot of ppl think that part of the GTA games are funny, but to me it has never been what appeals to me. And as I said in teh poll in this forum, senseless violence has been around for a long time, as in SoF where you could crouch down over a killed enemy and chop him in pieces with your combat knife, body parts flying everywhere. THAT was senseless violence, heh..
Drunkenmaster wrote:i am teh drun kand tbe drun,. wtf+ .... P?
<5Nme dream i can see tou I tell you how I fell???

shiram
Uber Nerd

Post by shiram »

i even think you can actually use non lethal force
so even if you shoot up someone, they at one point will stop being hostile, and just be removed as a threat, just walking away after a while

i might be wrong, cause im not far into the game, but that what it looked like to me
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.