Post by RoamingMadness »

Weeeell.

I think that explains it all.

What MODS do you use?
You may say that I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one

There probably isn't any meaning in life. Perhaps you can find something interesting to do while you are alive. Like how you found that flower. Like how I found you.

Buttons aren't toys.

Hylandor
Padawan

Post by Hylandor »

Discord Unit Frames
Discord Art
Discord Action Bars
CTRaid
LaVendetta
Nurfed Combat Text
Perfect Raid
Simple Chat
SWStats
Dotimer
Scrolling Combat Text
KTM
RDX(occasionally)

Here is a picture of my UI

Mikeyrat
Jedi

Post by Mikeyrat »

And I thought MINE was busy! Damn!

Here's my healing UI setup for my druid:

I actually made this for a thread to help our nub healers set up their UI and what they need to come to a raid prepared:

A) 5900 mana. And I still kick your asses on the healing meter, and don't run out of mana. Hmmmm.... That number will increase as I get better gear (my neck, offhand, and boots have no stats at all) but it serves me well now. I have been collecting mats to make the +2000 mana flasks and will use those in BWL to be even more effective. Thats called "doing what you have to do to maximize your effectiveness". Everyone should as well.

B) 18 Major mana, 10 Superior mana, 10 firepots (after giving a stack to a guildy who forgot theirs), 20 bandages, and I STILL feel unprepared because I have no Demonic Runes, Tubers or Night Dragon. I'm even out of Major healing and Major rejuves. Unfortunately, I'm still better prepared that 70% of the healers last night...

C) Target display. What you don't see is my Target of Target (and of Target) because Zulrayne has no one targeted. At least put up Target of Target!

D) Emergency monitor. All healers should have it up somewhere and keep an eye on it.

E) The entire raid, by class. I try to priortize the columns as needed by event so the people I most need to target and watch are up top. One thing that disturbes me is having to ask for people to rez someone. I wonder, "how can they not be rezzing? Don't they see they're dead?" The only thing I could fathom was that they aren't pulling all the classes or groups out, and DON'T KNOW THEY'RE DEAD! Please tell me that if you're a healing class you have some way to watch the whole raid!

F) Brilliant Mana Oil. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

G) In this case, I have also pulled out two groups. For Razor, I do this because I plan on hanging close to those groups and helping heal them while sleeping my dragon. I also do this for Shaz so I can see the health and curses on those in the two groups at my spot.

H) Healing Touch Ranks 2 - 8, all hotkeyed for one touch casting. The keys are in the same order on the keyboard. All I need to do to step up one rank is move one key over. One of our guildies got on the toon of one of our newer priests the other night, and all he had on his hotbar was his highest rank Flash Heal. I about spewed my lemonaide on the monitor. The ONLY time anyone should be casting the top rank of anything is strictly in an emergency!

I) My "I win" buttons. F11 and F12 are my ass-savers. They are macros that activate the ZG trinket, cast Nature Swiftness, and cast my highest rank Healing Touch. F11 does it on my current target, F12 targets me first. This means I can instantly lay on about 3600-4000 healing in a snap, every 6 minutes.

J) Decursive macro spam button. Easy and convenient.

** I run the CT Core, which includes the stuff for the hotbars, breakable bottom bar, buff positioning. I'm running CTRA, but use Blizzards raid interface features, too. I use Discord Frames like Hylandor. I have Decursive, Scrolling Combat Text, and a lot of the Titan Bar mods as well. The druid window at the bottom is a neato innervate/whispercast/druid status Mod named Adrune's Innervate or some such. Also, as my druid is my miner/herbalist, I use Gatherer to track herb and mine spawns.**

Storm needs to post his. Its really cool.

BTW, Hylandor, you need to turn off CT's "Show all party buffs" to prevent the overlapping buff icons in your DUFs.
Old Man.

Hylandor
Padawan

Post by Hylandor »

Yeah, that picture was taken after I messed around with the unit frames. The overlapping buffs are removed. I actually have since removed the entire party. I dont find it useful in a raid. Only seems to take up space. If I do feel the need for the party section, I will just enable it with DUF.

Mikey, you should really consider Perfect Raid, it will help tidy up the space used in section E.

StormCrow
Jedi

Post by StormCrow »

My ui takes a lot of configuring and its all ACE'd mods which are low memory usage and such.

i'll link an SS of my Folder and of my game UI

http://www.houseofelders.com/gallery/di ... 24&pos=-75

^ in game UI

http://www.houseofelders.com/gallery/di ... 24&pos=-74

^ UI folder

Note, i spend an inordinate amount of time customizing my UI to suit my needs, it lacks some things others would need, like raid and party frames (i dont use them) but for the most part it encompasses anything i need.

also no my minimap is all kinds of fucked and i'm trying to find a cleaner mod for that.

if you got any UI questions i'd be the one to ask, i can't do any scripting but i can find just about any UI addons and such you'd be looking for.

RoamingMadness
Uber Nerd

Post by RoamingMadness »

Shadow Priest, PvP focus.

Think of me like a shadowy warlock with no pet, basically.

Things that would be nice..

Some sort of spell alert.
Extra toolbar slots.. (i should need close to 3 times the standard)
Easy way to check buffs on enemys

And perhaps some other things.. StormCrow, yours looks very, very nice.
But I'm not the only one

There probably isn't any meaning in life. Perhaps you can find something interesting to do while you are alive. Like how you found that flower. Like how I found you.

Buttons aren't toys.

Hylandor
Padawan

Post by Hylandor »

Natur Enemy Castbar for spell alerts

StormCrow
Jedi

Post by StormCrow »

RoamingMadness wrote:Shadow Priest, PvP focus.

Think of me like a shadowy warlock with no pet, basically.

Things that would be nice..

Some sort of spell alert.
Extra toolbar slots.. (i should need close to 3 times the standard)
Easy way to check buffs on enemys

And perhaps some other things.. StormCrow, yours looks very, very nice.
i'd recommend CTcore + natur enemy cast bars

its hard to check buffs on enemies (it wont display them unless they have detect magic on them)

natur enemy cast bars will display duration of certain buffs like Ice block and paladin shields though.

but without detect magic you can't see buffs on enemies jsut debuffs.

on another note every class but rogues/warriors has a buff worth dispelling and dispelling doesnt take much mana, so just spam it a couple times early in the fight, nobody will rebuff them because buff mana is huge compared to dispel mana.

EDIT: i forgot to mention, heres some good mod sites.

ctmod.net
www.curse-gaming.com
http://www.wowace.com/files/ (where i get most of my mods from)

on another note, hylandor, discord mods use up a ton of memory (i used to use them) and when i switched to ACE stuff my memory usage dropped from 50mbs to 23ish mbs on a normal day.

also what spec are you? i'm always curious what spec other warlocks are.

mikey is gimped soul link spec while i'm Demonic Sac/Ruin/imp corruption/imp lifetap.

its a solid raiding spec as long as your not forced to be the imp bitch.

Hylandor
Padawan

Post by Hylandor »

Same, I am Demonic Sac/Ruin. Highest dps raiding build. Lets me take advantage of 8/8 Nemy, and soon 5/9 plagueheart.
(7/21/23)

It is however one of the weakest builds for PvP. My PvP preference is 7/8/36.

Mikeyrat
Jedi

Post by Mikeyrat »

StormCrow wrote:
RoamingMadness wrote:Shadow Priest, PvP focus.

mikey is gimped soul link spec while i'm Demonic Sac/Ruin/imp corruption/imp lifetap.

its a solid raiding spec as long as your not forced to be the imp bitch.
Heh. I took my lock to MC last night and he was number 3 behind 2 mages up until banish duty started. Gimped Soul Link my butt. Nightfall procs FTW, though. 1350-1600 normal shadowbolts.
Old Man.

StormCrow
Jedi

Post by StormCrow »

i can do that, but i also have 5% higher crit and 2x crit damage ruin plays a huge part in your dps. its easily a 10% dps boost.

if you had ruin instead you'd have probably beaten those mages.

and MD is way inferior to DS for sustainability, if you had a VW/FH sacced your sustain better, or with a succubus do better short term dps.

EDIT i forgot to mention 8/8 nemesis is terrible why would you use that?

RoamingMadness
Uber Nerd

Post by RoamingMadness »

Just from my limited pvp experience. Fighting IMPs, SUCK.
But I'm not the only one

Buttons aren't toys.

Hylandor
Padawan

Post by Hylandor »

StormCrow wrote: EDIT i forgot to mention 8/8 nemesis is terrible why would you use that?
I have a +dmg set, but it often pulls agro on certain encounters. It is great for trash clearing, and some boss fights. Otherwise I toss on 8/8 nemmy for the -20% agro reduction and I can unleash all I want without fear of pulling agro. Keep in mind I have a sac'd succubus. My shadowbolts can crit very high, especially with 5 applications of shadow vulnerability, an imp shadowbolt proc, cos, and ZHC. I also run the raids with a supreme power. If I dont have a supreme power, I have a shadow elixer and greater arcane.

I dont use nemesis for the +dmg...

Mikeyrat
Jedi

Post by Mikeyrat »

StormCrow wrote:i can do that, but i also have 5% higher crit and 2x crit damage ruin plays a huge part in your dps. its easily a 10% dps boost.

if you had ruin instead you'd have probably beaten those mages.

and MD is way inferior to DS for sustainability, if you had a VW/FH sacced your sustain better, or with a succubus do better short term dps.

EDIT i forgot to mention 8/8 nemesis is terrible why would you use that?
I was wearing my 4/8 Nem with my AQ shoulders, and BWL gloves, belt, and bracers. (448 spell, 536 shadow) and saccing my succubus. Lifetaps are 1030 or so, so I didn't have to do it more than once or twice. I was keeping CoS up, and Jagus and Kolkor had NF procs up almost all the time.
Old Man.

StormCrow
Jedi

Post by StormCrow »

ruin > its well worth the point.