Fuck this game.

This could be the end of the World... of Warcraft

Moderator: Genie

StormCrow
Jedi

Fuck this game.

Post by StormCrow »

Seriously, I don't know how i've kept myself playing and coming back over and over. I have kept holding on by going D3 will be out soon D3 will be out soon over and over, and i have yet to bring myself to cancel my sub.

I hate raiding (not sure if i've ranted about that yet) And pvp was all i enjoyed doing. they're nerfing 2s (although i have an equivalent 3s) which is fucking BS and will just hurt pvp for the future.

I've considered rerolling, but i have a 80dk lock 75+ shaman (don't really enjoy it) and a 70someish rogue. Thought about trying out priest but with the way i am i'll either just stop around 20 or so or just drop it once the xpac comes out with its supposed 2 hero classes (i've heard blademaster and arch druid, but those sound like bullshit)

Anyone still playing this game? have any suggestions.

Also what the fuck is this utter bullshit upcoming Pay-For-FactionChange service. That just makes me want to kill people. Although trying out alliance on a max level character may be entertaining for a couple weeks.

Not sure what i've been rambling about, but WoW causes me pain and makes me need to drink to even play it. Also to make me write forum posts about it.

shiram
Uber Nerd

Post by shiram »

i think its time you quit
try to find something else to fill that time
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Hylandor
Padawan

Post by Hylandor »

I quit 2 months ago. First time since the release of WoW classic that I canceled my subscription. I played to raid, and the dungeons are not challenging like they use to be.

I'll be creating a ladder character on diablo2 when the new patch is released(soon). Other than that, I play halo3 on Xbox Live.

Bane
Uber Nerd

Post by Bane »

Hylandor wrote: I'll be creating a ladder character on diablo2 when the new patch is released(soon).
Ooh.. now I am intrigued. I gotta go read up on what's the new patch adds/changes. If it's just new rune words, then fuck it, I won't install again. Could be fun for a while though if it adds new content which changes game play.
Drunkenmaster wrote:i am teh drun kand tbe drun,. wtf+ .... P?
<5Nme dream i can see tou I tell you how I fell???

StormCrow
Jedi

Post by StormCrow »

i cancelled earlier today, and i've started playing some d2 in my spare time.

acct name is Sturminator incase anyone else is playing

shiram
Uber Nerd

Post by shiram »

DnD online is going free in august i think
that might be worthwhile to check out

Bane
Uber Nerd

Post by Bane »

shiram wrote:DnD online is going free in august i think
that might be worthwhile to check out
Never heard about anyone I know playing this game. Have you? I'm a big fan of DnD, but was DDO any good really?

StormCrow
Jedi

Post by StormCrow »

eh from what i played in beta was awful, but free is free maybe itll be worth messing around for a couple weeks or so.

on another note AoC is sending everyone with a cancelled acct a 2 week free sub for their old acct

also 1 free server move + 1 free lvl 50 character of any class.

probably a better deal than ddo since aoc was actually fun

shiram
Uber Nerd

Post by shiram »

i dont know about DnD online
but i too like the whole dnd thing
so if i remember it when its free, i might try it

Bane
Uber Nerd

Post by Bane »

I look at some movies and game info, and it pretty much seems like a mmorpg version of NVN to me.

I think it uses the 3.5 rule settings as well. Personally I can't wait for the new rule settings which will take away the power gaming and ridiculous multiclassing, I think I remember reading about this somewhere. 3.5, however, incorporate all that is power gaming :-/

[EDIT] Apperently there is already a 4:th edition. Does any game use that one?

From WIki: "The multiclassing system has been revised. Rather than splitting levels between multiple classes, characters properly belong to only one class but may choose feats to gain abilities from classes."

[/EDIT]

I remember my rouge/assassin/"shadow-something-whatever-the-class-is-called" in the NVN expansions. At lvl 40 he had naked AC of 40+ (iirc) and could insta-hide everywhere as well as a 20xD6 backstab :-/

And wtf is "warforged" ? playing as some kind of golem just seem kinda.. weird.

StormCrow
Jedi

Post by StormCrow »

4th edition is pretty cool if your into DnD at all (I pretend I'm not but you know how that is) 3rd edition (and 3.5) were really powergamey and a lot of the classes were just plain better than others.

prestige classes were almost mandatory (i guess not completely) and shit was ridiculous.

in 4th you can never gain another class.

you get your base class (theres a fucking shitton of them, like 20 or so i think if you include the PHB3 that is coming out soon) and then each class has 4-5 paragon paths which are just minor additions to your current class.

and at lvl 20 you get an epic destiny which is like a paragon path but slightly stronger? i dunno have played past level 5 really.

the new system is definitely more fun in combat. Roleplaying is as always up to the players luckily.

But back the the topic at hand, i cancelled wow and started up warhammer to try out got to level 6ish did some scenarios and it seems pretty fun. Too bad it turned out like AoC because they also released to early. I'll probably try getting up to max level before i render my ultimate judgement upon it.

when will Devs learn.

shiram
Uber Nerd

Post by shiram »

StormCrow wrote: when will Devs learn.
never!! not as long as people continue to pay anyway

Bane
Uber Nerd

Post by Bane »

shiram wrote:
StormCrow wrote: when will Devs learn.
never!! not as long as people continue to pay anyway
I guess the devs know that already, it's the publishers that are to blaim. The devs take the shit when games are released before they are really finished, but the publishers take the cash, heh..

Darius
Padawan

Re: Fuck this game.

Post by Darius »

4e is in several ways better than 3e but the main gripe with it is that it's again a fucking joke because of all those accesories, supplements, etc. Instead of focusing on RPG, meaning adventure hooks, world events, updating the timeline, providing new, fresh ideas, they made 4e a money making machine again (predictable ofc) where every new book contains a ton of paragon paths, classes, items, spells, feats, etc. At some point, all this shit simply gets out of control and there goes balance.

As for WoW, I'm tempted to reroll in Cataclysm just to see the changed world, but I know that eventually, it's gonna turn into a grindfest again, a rat race to get gold, rep, badges, arena points, honor, raid spots, etc. Every goddamn aspect of this game becomes a chore at max level.

LotRO is different. I can play it casually with my wife, level up slowly and do what I want, without the stupid feeling of HAVING TO PLAY that I experienced in WoW. I have to play or otherwise, I won't get arena points for this week or honor for the new PvP season, or gold from daily quests. Fuck this.
w w w . t h e w i t c h e r . c o m

RoamingMadness
Uber Nerd

Post by RoamingMadness »

Let me get this straight. I CAN BE A WEREWOLF? Oh WoW.. you know how to tempt my heart.
You may say that I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one

There probably isn't any meaning in life. Perhaps you can find something interesting to do while you are alive. Like how you found that flower. Like how I found you.

Buttons aren't toys.

shiram
Uber Nerd

Post by shiram »

bah you could be a werewolf in diablo 2 LOD, and that game was fun!

Bane
Uber Nerd

Post by Bane »

shiram wrote:bah you could be a werewolf in diablo 2 LOD, and that game was fun!
..but the WW in DII looked like crap! I started like 5 WW druids, but never finished any of'em since I got tired of the butt ugly movements and attacks while in WW shape, heh.. The bear, on the other hand, was pwn.

Heh, was a long time since I last used the word "pwn".

shiram
Uber Nerd

Post by shiram »

the point remains D2:LoD ­­­>> WoW
the bear and werewolf we're weirdly animated in D2 though

Darius
Padawan

Post by Darius »

I pretty much only play SP games now. No time for MMOs... Only LotRO installed, and I actually have to catch up to my wife, since her toons are meanwhile higher levels than mine. Cataclysm and rolling a new rogue sure looks tempting though... I have to resist, I know it's gonna eat up too much of my time.
w w w . t h e w i t c h e r . c o m

Genie
Jedi

Post by Genie »

play a real mmo

Been playing SWG non stop for 6 years, going on 7.
The fleecy cloud may kiss the sky...the rose may kiss the butterfly...the morning dew may kiss the grass...and you, my friend, can kiss my ass!