WOTLK nov 13th

This could be the end of the World... of Warcraft

Moderator: Genie

StormCrow
Jedi

WOTLK nov 13th

Post by StormCrow »

jesus christ they worked fast this time, took them til january to get it out last time.

well anyways, i preordered my collectors edition and am totally going to be The Supreme (unless i require sleep sometime in my 5 days off that i'm going to take).

Bane
Uber Nerd

Post by Bane »

I'm a cheap ass, so I'm gonna play on private servers. Haven't touched WoW since I played it the first time it came out, heh.. Dunno what to expect, but now at least I have someone cool to play with.
Drunkenmaster wrote:i am teh drun kand tbe drun,. wtf+ .... P?
<5Nme dream i can see tou I tell you how I fell???

Hylandor
Padawan

Post by Hylandor »

Wotlk is much of the same.

The end game raiding content is extremely underwhelming. Cleared Naxxramas 25 man within 4 days of attempts. They essentially picked up Naxx from pre-bc and dumped it into wotlk, only scaling the bosses to level 80s. Other than Naxx, theres a couple 25 man single boss dungeons, which we allready finished.

Awaiting the next patch for more difficult content....

StormCrow
Jedi

Post by StormCrow »

so i'm assuming by underwhelmed, that you guys 1 shot 3 drake Sartharion and completed subsequent achievements? lol, thats what i keep reading anyways, the only raid content i've done is Archavon (sooooo easy to pug)

and i'm up to 2 piece deadly on my Death knight already hehe.

anyways i play just for pvp really, so the lack of "difficult" pve content means nothing to me.

Mikeyrat
Jedi

Post by Mikeyrat »

Haven't pitched in here in a while, been damn busy with the new family and all, but I'm really enjoying Wrath.

The complaints about the lack of end-game raiding content have some merit, but it appears Blizz is doing all it can to not only gear everyone up on a more even keel (as opposed to having a few members of elite guilds with all the goods) and prepare us all for Uldaar and other upcoming content, like Icecrown Citadel. I do like the way they have made it possible to buy tier tokens with heroic badges and stuff. ANY one who can pug an heroic can gear themselves up. They've made the heroic dungeons too easy, though...

Things I like:
1. Great scenery and unique quests.
2. "Vehicle" quests and stuff... some of those are interesting and fun
3. Adaptable scenery/interactions based on progress
4. Short (30 mins or less) heroic instance runs... no more 2.5 hours or more in Wailing Caverns...
5. 10/25 man heroic/non-heroic raids
6. More opportunity for single pugs to gear up
7. Most good crafted purples are no longer BoP, and can be used/sold by the crafter, to others

Things I don't like:
1. A bit too many reputation grinds, though those are made simpler than before
2. Lagaran
3. Itemization is very poor in a lot of places... especially feral druids (almost nothing just for us) and dps casters (little good stuff with +hit AND other useful things)
Old Man.

StormCrow
Jedi

Post by StormCrow »

i just finally started leveling my warlock after a much needed hiatus (also because theyre very subpar in pvp currently) and got him to level 72 :(

still need to get my DK an epic flyer (this will be remedied when i stop being lazy) level his JC/BS

level my warlock to 80, get him pvp gear
level my rogue to 80 (from 68) get him pvp gear
level my shaman to 80 (from 68) get him pvp gear

also arena partners for each...

on the bright side my DK is pretty much fully geared for pvp with all deadly shit (except the helm/shoulders or whatevers)

and i need to get better than titansteel destroyer lol.

anyways i still have a lot of shit to do when i decided to stop being a lazy bitch.

game is still fun but i try to not burn myself out of it

doing wintergrasp 1 time a day for the dailies has also gotten me 100+ marks and capped honor on my DK and i plan to turn all the marks into the commendations to send like 50k honor to my warlock at some point.

pretty decent system they have set up now. except the ridiculous burst.

anyways i need to get off my ass and level all my alts =/