Chapter 11: Battle of Echo Base

R.I.P Home of Radiant's guild Stone.

Moderator: Genie

Genie
Jedi

Chapter 11: Battle of Echo Base

Post by Genie »

Now, you may think the chapter version is funny, but trust me, SWG aint goin under just yet. Chapter 11 brings forth something a lot of Star Wars fans have been waiting for in this game in a while: the timeline moving. Battle of Echo Base lets you relive Empire Strikes Back with the empire invading the Hoth system and landing an attack on the rebel base. The whole instance follows the events of the movie. You cannot change the course of the movie, but they did give you objectives in order to "succeed" the instance.

The instance is single faction specific; requiring at least 4 people in the instance at once. The instance is set into 3 main phases for each faction. The Assault on the Shield Generator. Storming the Base, and Launching escape ships.

The assault phase looks like it could have been the best part except its got some serious lag problems. Rebels get to fly snowspeeders a nd try taking down AT-AT walkers before they reach the generator. Take out 4 walkers, get a token. The most horrid part of the whole event for rebels is there is no towcable, kill the AT-ATs with the speeders guns :(

The second part is simple: imps enter the base, you gotta protect certain areas long enough for evac.

The third phase, rebels have to protect transports as they evac and imps have to destroy the evac transports. Pretty straight forward. Evac more ships, get more coin.

They added a few other items, like a taun taun and wampa kill collection, a few hidden clicky collections like the meteorite and frozen taun taun, and a malfunctioning droid collection. But the biggest addition is the "side" quest called Wampa Valley. An instance within an instance where you face off against a small horde of Wampa before taking on Unkajo, the skullcrushing level 95 tower of a boss. she drops the best loot and is one of the hardest to kill.

Overall I gave the instance 4 outta 5 stars for the excitement and gameplay. The lag in phase 1 makes it meh aand no tow cables ruins canon.
The fleecy cloud may kiss the sky...the rose may kiss the butterfly...the morning dew may kiss the grass...and you, my friend, can kiss my ass!

RoamingMadness
Uber Nerd

Post by RoamingMadness »

Death Knight.
You may say that I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one

There probably isn't any meaning in life. Perhaps you can find something interesting to do while you are alive. Like how you found that flower. Like how I found you.

Buttons aren't toys.

Genie
Jedi

Post by Genie »

Do I hijack yer threads with random swg crap?
The fleecy cloud may kiss the sky...the rose may kiss the butterfly...the morning dew may kiss the grass...and you, my friend, can kiss my ass!

Horizen
ultranoob

Post by Horizen »

Sounds pretty cool ... so does this mean that the game does not suck ass anymore?

RoamingMadness
Uber Nerd

Post by RoamingMadness »

Genie wrote:Do I hijack yer threads with random swg crap?
Yes.

PROVE YOU DON'T!!!
You may say that I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one

There probably isn't any meaning in life. Perhaps you can find something interesting to do while you are alive. Like how you found that flower. Like how I found you.

Buttons aren't toys.

Genie
Jedi

Post by Genie »

Horizen wrote:Sounds pretty cool ... so does this mean that the game does not suck ass anymore?
For the love of GOD please come back =(

toke
ultranoob

Post by toke »

Genie wrote:
Horizen wrote:Sounds pretty cool ... so does this mean that the game does not suck ass anymore?
it still sucks ass. if i were to come back i dont think it will be on radiant.

Genie
Jedi

Post by Genie »

toke wrote:
Genie wrote:
/gasp!

toke
ultranoob

Post by toke »

Genie wrote:
toke wrote:
Genie wrote: For the love of GOD please come back =(
/gasp!
dont get me wrong i do like radiant, its just a ghost town.

ZoSo
Padawan

Post by ZoSo »

... didn't radiant merge with some noob server?
Don't hate me because I'm pwn