To old Stoners

R.I.P Home of Radiant's guild Stone.

Moderator: Genie

Crow
Jedi

Post by Crow »

Never should have put jedi in the game, force sensitive skills should have been that defining thing but Jedi should have been left out.
"I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to do so because some people out there in our nation don't have maps and I believe that our education like such as in South Africa and the Iraq and everywhere like such as and I believe that they should our education over here in the U.S. should help the U.S. or should help South Africa and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries so we will be able to build up our future for us."

Friends don't let friends educate their children in South Carolina

RoamingMadness
Uber Nerd

Post by RoamingMadness »

Crow wrote:Never should have put jedi in the game, force sensitive skills should have been that defining thing but Jedi should have been left out.
I agree, and i don't. I personally only had a strong desire to be a jedi.. when EVERYONE was a jedi. When seeing a jedi was a big deal, i liked them being in the game and i had no desire to be one. Thats where i think the jedi belong. At maybe a 1 to 100 ratio.
You may say that I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one

There probably isn't any meaning in life. Perhaps you can find something interesting to do while you are alive. Like how you found that flower. Like how I found you.

Buttons aren't toys.

shiram
Uber Nerd

Post by shiram »

if you look at the time swg takes place
there should be much jedi at all, and probly could have been npc, or even high end mobs...

let's end the glowing phallus worship, being a scoundrel is where it's at
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

.Echoes.
ultranoob

Post by .Echoes. »

Genie wrote:Unfortunately, and this is the biggest thing that turns vets from SWG, is that they no longer have 32 different professions that you can dabble in for various effects. Now, they have 9 core professions (with trader taking 4 separate in one class, so 12 total) that can only have variations due in part to expertise, which is liken to WoW's talent trees.

The games combat system has been balanced quite a bit and no one profession rules the game, especially in PvP (however there are a few that have drastic measures to being flavor of the month, such as officer.)

The game doesnt work on an automatic attacking system, such as the precu days, where you would queue specials and attack commands and allow the game to automatically run for you. Also, the combat is more linear as opposed to numeric, where you have to use various degrees of the terrain, distance, line of sight, etc, to influence the outcome. You can actually play SWG's combat game based on a FPS to e honest.

Jump to Lightspeed has pretty much remained untouched for the majority of its existence, so if by small chance you loved that, the game is still the way it is, with some additions (Such as Kashyyyk, the YT-2400 off musty, and Chapter 8 which will be released real soon)

Crafting has been slightly dumbed down for some of the professions, such as armor and weaponsmith, but each of the 8 original crafting professions have been broken down into 4 main groups (munitions is armor/weapon, structures is architect/shipwright, domestics is food/clothing, and engineer picks up droids/master artisan and some weapons) Bio-engineer is gone practically with the beast master expertise exception (which any profession can choose to spend expertise in) and creature handler is different; you have to create your pet and level it.

The biggest thing that pissed people off the most is that Jedi is a starting profession, so those who were jedi during Precu and CU are no different than the newbies off the gen page. However, as an older jedi, you get to experience the "Elder jedi" play, where you get a sexy crystal and an elder-only robe to wear which is by far better than anything else in game for jedi.

the civil war means something now, as there are rankings that mean something. the old system for getting faction is still in, but has no bearing on the civil war. GCW and GCW points gained through higher level experiences in the war grant ranking which allow purchasing higher level items, such as command barc speeders, assistance transmittors and banners with area buffing capabilities. OFficer ranks give awesome buffs as well.

PvP can be both long and drawn out or quick and decisive. Restuss, a city on Rori, has become a permanent PvP zone (as well as 3 PvP bases located on Talus, Corellia and Naboo)

As of late, the dev team has been focusing more on content as well, so our content is getting bigger and becoming more enjoyable, especially for those who like late game stuff.

If you have anything else you want to know about specifically, let me know Petey. Also, you may have a 15 day try out for your old account stashed away you could use to turn on the game and check out the new stuff.

One last thing, if ANYONE has a toon they havent played since prenge, when you log in the screen may show you an option for respecing or changing to one of the new 9 professions. do NOT use this option. In your inventory, you should have a respec tool. look at this respec tool as it will give you a "respec level" value. If this value is higher than 80, use a charge off your tool, otherwise you may use the initial respec. Levels in this game go up to 90 now, so...

this is exactly why i never read any of genies threads. jesus h christo