CU 2.5

R.I.P Home of Radiant's guild Stone.

Moderator: Genie

Octa
Cannon Fodder

CU 2.5

Post by Octa »

I hear thats what the new patch is being called. What's the skinny? Not to be negative but I have heard that the latest installment might even drive away longtime SWGers.
Last edited by Octa on Thu Jun 08, 2006 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sifo-EQ2

Genie
Jedi

Post by Genie »

That was the combat upgrade 1.0
NGE2.5 snt 2.5, they changed the targetting system and made specials faster while making mobs faster. Weapon damage is more important then clvl

ill get the notes in a bit.

Clad
Babajong

Post by Clad »

basically its slower and more pre-cu-like

Genie
Jedi

Post by Genie »

Yea, sorry I forgot the link to the notes again but anyhow.

I got to try some pvp out (Against Clad no less)
Saber attacks are back to the precu look (minus cool animation) which means you actually get to see the attacks go off. You can stack specials a lot faster too. I tanked a jedi and a medic for a good 10-15 seconds before my group came to my rescue (I didnt even see it happen til the jedi and medic died. Well, actually, the jedi stayed on me while Clad ran off to try surviving, not that I can blame him as 2 medics and another rebel jedi came up to save me :)

Combat is definately slower; you can see the action now instead od attempting to survive it. NPCs have better AI (Harder) and use specials like they useta in the precu days. I had a stormtrooper hit an area against me while combatant in theed watching the noobs attack him.

/edit
Crow made me take this off since his saber has more perfect pearls with 18-19 in them than mine and has 1 point higher than me.

I still kick ass in comparison to the other elders :P
Last edited by Genie on Thu Jun 08, 2006 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Crow
Jedi

Post by Crow »

Genie wrote:Oh, and my saber damage is higher then any of you punk elders ever had in the history of the game. I > You
At least we weren't respec jedi noobs.
"I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to do so because some people out there in our nation don't have maps and I believe that our education like such as in South Africa and the Iraq and everywhere like such as and I believe that they should our education over here in the U.S. should help the U.S. or should help South Africa and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries so we will be able to build up our future for us."

Friends don't let friends educate their children in South Carolina

Clad
Babajong

Post by Clad »

Genie wrote:Saber attacks are back to the precu look (minus cool animation) which means you actually get to see the attacks go off. You can stack specials a lot faster too. I tanked a jedi and a medic for a good 10-15 seconds before my group came to my rescue (I didnt even see it happen til the jedi and medic died. Well, actually, the jedi stayed on me while Clad ran off to try surviving, not that I can blame him as 2 medics and another rebel jedi came up to save me :)
Its called "smart pvp". :lol:

ZoSo
Padawan

Post by ZoSo »

time to play EQ2!
Don't hate me because I'm pwn

Genie
Jedi

Post by Genie »

Why is it time to play EQ2? Nobody said anything bad about this new publish

EQ2 can suck a dick

Clad
Babajong

Post by Clad »

Genie wrote:Why is it time to play EQ2? Nobody said anything bad about this new publish

EQ2 can suck a dick
qfe

Styrofoam
Nerd

Post by Styrofoam »

Genie wrote:Why is it time to play EQ2? Nobody said anything bad about this new publish

EQ2 can suck a dick
EQ2 can't suck a dick. Zoso has too many in his mouth already :(

Genie
Jedi

Post by Genie »

In all seriousness, the new patch has more of a precu feel to it

Genie
Jedi

Post by Genie »

qfe to the original poster. down with pr0n!
Thanks for the free bump!