Chapter 9; And the Current Position of Live Servers

R.I.P Home of Radiant's guild Stone.

Moderator: Genie

Genie
Jedi

Chapter 9; And the Current Position of Live Servers

Post by Genie »

Chapter 9 is up on TCPrime. For thse of you who dont know, the new dev team has revamped themselves and are really making things look promising. The new setup will allow a new chapter every 8 to 10 weeks. Chapter 8 hit live about the first week in January and really helped push the servers. we're seeing more influx of returning vets and not many of them leaving again.

Lemme drown it out fer ya.
Chapter 6 implemented the first in a series of challenging reinventions and additions. Beast Master imo is a great way though it could do with a tad more diversity. Having a pet requires you to spend expertise in the tree and to make it effective most of yer expertise must be spent on making yer pet more viable. Once you do that, knowing how to use the pet becomes a challenge.

Chapter 7 turned thing RIGHT around, implementing 3 heroic instances; dungeons with group level challenges. Rewards are great too, and create repeatable content (You need to repeat the instances to gain tokens, which are traded in for reward jewelry and deco) The instances also give permanent stat mod bonuses and the mobs can drop nice loot.
Next came collections. Collections may seem tedious and petty in regards to the content, but the ability to create new collections makes it a very good system. The collections system works like thus: You either accept a collection quest from a collections NPC or find/loot/kill -something- that starts the collection. Collections grant xp awards for the most part, but some grant items, such as plants or other decorations.

Chapter 8 was the space chapter, adding new collections for killing stuff or looting stuff in space. They added a new space sector and gave the ships in that location some pretty hefty size. The Imperial Star Destroyer instance, by far the best thing added to this game so far, gave more of the heroic flair the devs wanted to give. The ISD instance offers more chances to loot awesome gear and a great challenge of fights.

With the introduction and implementation of chapter 8 came the new timeline for chapters and updates; which by far exceeds any new implementation plan to date. The dev crew have created a chapter and update method used to create the needs of the community and the content they desire. For instance, chapter 9 will introduce more collections (of course) of which people will want, and the Exar Kun heroic challenge. Chapter 9 will also have sub chapters, called updates. Updates allow for bug fixes, expertise changes and the addition of minimal content to tide us over til the larger content "chapters" come live. We have had 2 updates since chapter 8 giving us fixes to medic and smuggler expertise, changing bugs, adding UI improvements and general cleanup. Update 3 will add jedi expertise changes, more UI updates and the fix of our horridly evil refire rate bug.

Although the NGE killed a lot of peoples opinions of this game, in some ways the latest dev team is able to capitalize on the new system and create a means to enjoy it.
The fleecy cloud may kiss the sky...the rose may kiss the butterfly...the morning dew may kiss the grass...and you, my friend, can kiss my ass!

Kadian
Jedi

Post by Kadian »

Still sounds to me like they are trying to "fix" a game that was fine before they screwed it up in the first place.... I mean really, why is a 4 year old game still doing constant bug fixes and UI updates?

Crow
Jedi

Post by Crow »

I really hate to post in these threads because they always sound negative. I was a firm supporter of the "its not a beta" crowd but with all the changes in 4 years its still in beta form.

NGE is 1.1 if you know what I mean... just replace iconic with synergy.
"I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to do so because some people out there in our nation don't have maps and I believe that our education like such as in South Africa and the Iraq and everywhere like such as and I believe that they should our education over here in the U.S. should help the U.S. or should help South Africa and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries so we will be able to build up our future for us."

Friends don't let friends educate their children in South Carolina

Crow
Jedi

Post by Crow »

Done totally, cancelled station access.

Genie shoot me the vent info if you get a chance.
"I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to do so because some people out there in our nation don't have maps and I believe that our education like such as in South Africa and the Iraq and everywhere like such as and I believe that they should our education over here in the U.S. should help the U.S. or should help South Africa and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries so we will be able to build up our future for us."

Genie
Jedi

Post by Genie »

Stoners
The fleecy cloud may kiss the sky...the rose may kiss the butterfly...the morning dew may kiss the grass...and you, my friend, can kiss my ass!

Genie
Jedi

Post by Genie »

Kadian wrote:Still sounds to me like they are trying to "fix" a game that was fine before they screwed it up in the first place.... I mean really, why is a 4 year old game still doing constant bug fixes and UI updates?
Not all games are fallible. Every time you add something new, you run the risk of breaking something older. It happens in all games.

Crow
Jedi

Post by Crow »

Genie wrote:
Kadian wrote:Still sounds to me like they are trying to "fix" a game that was fine before they screwed it up in the first place.... I mean really, why is a 4 year old game still doing constant bug fixes and UI updates?
Not all games are fallible. Every time you add something new, you run the risk of breaking something older. It happens in all games.
They shouldn't have needed the mass change of the Combat Upgrade, or the dumbed down version that is the NGE.

CU was great even though it was Jedi fest, had they left it alone at that point instead of building a entire expansion around a partially tested upgrade the game would still be close to what it was.

Kadian
Jedi

Post by Kadian »

I can't connect too your noob vent server....

Edit: Make sure the "s" in stoners is not capitalized

Genie
Jedi

Post by Genie »

If yer account is still active, get in game and give me admin to yer shit. We all know you aint coming back anyhow.

Crow
Jedi

Post by Crow »

Genie wrote:If yer account is still active, get in game and give me admin to yer shit. We all know you aint coming back anyhow.
it dies with the account, or 800 days from now since my maintenance is huge.

Genie
Jedi

Post by Genie »

meh